Part 6

He stood up and he sat on the desk next to me.

Marcus; Okay I think you didn't understand something. I'm trying to help you, okay? I'm not here 'cause I wanna make fun of you or judge you and your private life.

I didn't talk.

Marcus; Look. I don't have to do this. No one told me to come here and help you. I'm doing this because I do want to do this.

I nodded.

Me; Well... My parents broke up when l was younger. My mum moved to Helsinki. My dad find a new woman. And we used to live all together. But-

My eyes got wet BUT I QUICKLY GOT SERIOUS.

Me; But my father died four years ago.

Marcus; And now you live with your mother?

Me; My mum lives in Helsinki. She wanted me to go with her when dad died.

Marcus; And you didn't go?

Me; No.

Marcus; Why? She's your mother.

Me; Yeah she's my mum unfortunatelly. She was a bitch like me.

Marcus; Don't call yourself like that. You're not.

I looked at him ironically.

Me; I know what I am sir. It's not bad. I chose it.

Marcus; Why did you choose it?

I didn't reply.

Me; This is me. Like it or not.

He didn't talk.

Me; Anyway. Now I live with my step mother.

Marcus; Nice. Is she good?

Me; Who cares. She's better than my real mum.

Marcus; Tell me something about her.

Me; Not many things to say. She's getting angry easy and she wants me to be a good student.

Marcus; But you're not, are you?

Me; No. And that's why she's always angry.

Marcus; Has she ever hit you?

I laughed.

Me; It's a daily routine for me. And also I deserve it.

He was shocked but he looked calmed.

That's what teachers do. Maybe they are angry, happy, shocked, but they always hide their feelings, trying to look normal and serious. In this way you can trust them more, as you know that they can handle difficult situations. That's the different between teachers and friends. Friends always evoke their feelings easier. If something bad happens and they are getting sad and worried, you'll get sad and worried too. But teacher always gives you the impression that they can beat everything. Even though they can't.

I smiled.

Me; I must admit that you're a nice teacher.

He didn't expect that.
He smiled.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
//Annie💛