1

psalm 46:5, "God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved." this quote means a lot to me, because first of all i — like most people — get discouraged, and i let people begin to walk all over me. again and again, i let people into my life that don't deserve to be in my life. they walk all over me, like i'm some sort of fur rug, then leave again. this quote reminds me that, with God in my heart and soul, i can stand up to anything. i can move mountains.

the other day, i had gone to the county fair. an elderly man asked me to come over to him, because he had a question. he said, "do you know what is possible through God?" and of course, being the good Christian i am, said "anything, i can do anything through Christ, who gives me strength." he said, "of course. now, i want you to think of something that has been clouding your mind. something negative."

at this point, i was just thinking in the back of my mind — this is kind of weird — but i wasn't about to walk away from this kind elderly man, so i did as he asked. i thought about a negative thought that has been in my mind for a while.

the man then said, "now. we're going to ask the thought to leave"

this completely sent me. what does this man think the thought is, a dog?

he continued to say, "say this with me. with the power of God deep, deep in my heart, i order this thought of negativity to go."

wow, did i regret ever doubting this man. the thought was completely gone. lost. and as i think about that today, it really reminds me of this quote.

God is within me. i will not fall.

7-1-19   2:44 a.m.
315 words