First day

It was the first day of summer break in the small town known as Woonville. Woonville has a population of around 500 people therefore there is only one school for all the children. Most everyone got along in this town, there is limited jobs, containing the candy shop, the Woon gas staion, Woons grocery shop, and a few more. As soon as the bell rang for school to be dismissed all the kids ran out instantly, Star said a proper goodbye to all her teachers. This is her first day of summer vacation and it's a very hot humid day around 85° and she was mostly excited for the carnival its everyday for a whole two weeks starting today. After the school bus dropped Star off the very first thing she did when she got home was run inside past her parents watching television and threw her backpack onto her bed in her room. Star picked up her cellphone to call her bestfriend Marco to ask him about the carnival tonight.  Marco picks up "Hello?" "Hey Marco! what are you doing tonight do you want to go to the fair with me?" "Oh no wait.." Marco's voice suddenly changes to disappoint. "What is it Marco?" "I have to help my dad deliver wood all the way to Casper tomorrow it's a long drive. I will have to be up early. " Star upset "Oh okay then maybe the next day they have it going on to" "Yeah okay." Replies Marco. They hang up and she walks out into the living room where her mother is watching the news and her father is reading the newspaper. Star stands in front of the tv. Star clears her throat "Can I please have five dollars for the carnival tonight? Pretty please?" She has a big cute smile on her face that her parents cant say no to. Her parents look at each other and smile at each other. "I suppose you can." Star runs up to them and hugs them tightly. Father goes into his wallet and hands Star a crisp five dollar bill. "Is Marco going with you tonight right?" Says mother. Star shakes her head no. "Well I'd much rather you not go alone sweetie." "Mom there's nothing else to do in this town!" "You can't go unless your going with somebody and that's final." Star runs back to the room and slams her door shut, shoving her face into her pillow screaming on the inside.  Later after pouting and lounging in bed an idea pops into Stars head suddenly and she waits a few moments to go back out to her parents with a little lie. She gets out of bed and proceeds to go back into the living room "hey mom? I called Marco and he is going with me now!" "Oh good honey I'm glad he's going with you." Star quietly jumping in excitement behind them and then runs back to her room and waits until dark.