Goodnight, Andy

It was late at night, and Andy was slowly falling into slumber. He rolled over to reposition himself more comfortably. As he began to lay still once more, he sensed a presence before him, causing him to jump in surprise.
   It was Chucky, sitting on the drawer beside his bed.
  "Is it time to play again? Are we having fun now?" Chucky whispered.
"No," Andy groaned, "we're having sleep."
  Chucky cocked his head as Andy shut his eyes once more. He lay like this for a few moments, only to be interrupted by the sound of Chucky's voice again.
"You're my best friend, Andy," Chucky said happily.
  Andy opened his eyes to look at him, and Chucky just blinked before giving a small smile. Andy sighed, resisting the urge to give into the irritability of lack of sleep and tell Chucky to take a hike. But he knew better. This was only a toy, programmed to love and care for him and only him. He shouldn't be punished or ignored for doing what he was supposed to do.
  With a small chuckle, Andy reached a hand up to pat Chucky on the head.
"Okay, okay... I know. You're my best friend, too. But it's really late right now, and I just wanna go to sleep, ok, bud?" he said with a yawn.
  Chucky leaned into his companions friendly gesture, before nodding and smiling a little wider.
"Okay, Andy," he whispered.
  Andy smiled, thankful for Chucky's presence of empathy. He knew that Chucky just wanted to be there for him, and he wanted to be there for him, too.
  "Thanks, buddy," he beamed. He suddenly became much more fond of his new toy, his appreciation for his everlasting love and affection growing by the second. He couldn't resist scooting back a bit from his position before saying: "You wanna come over here with me?"
Chucky's pupils widened at that, as he smiled widely and scrambled onto the bed and under the covers beside his best buddy. Andy wrapped his arms around him and pulled him close, snuggling into his soft head of hair and relaxing once more. Chucky nuzzled against Andy's chest before closing his eyes himself, sighing contently.
Andy began to drift off, the world around him becoming more quiet and further away by the second. But not enough for him to miss the muffled voice of the form snuggling against him, as it began to sing softly:
  "You are my buddy, until the end,
  More than a buddy, you're my best friend.
  I love you more than you will ever know,
  I will never let you go."
  Andy chuckled as he squeezed the doll tighter, happier than he'd been in years. Before dozing off for good, he could barely make out the whisper of Chucky's voice one last time.
"Goodnight, Andy."