Part 1

A sound, a sound I know all so very well has been blasting in my ear for the past few minutes as my practically unconscious body tries to ignore it, I finally decide to stop delaying the inevitable and turn of my alarm clock as I slowly unwillingly rise out of bed, I look over at my alarm clock to see what the time was, it was 6:07am, I sigh as I walk lazily out of my room in my 2 bedroom apartment over to my little sister Emily's room, I open the door slowly to not give her an annoyed awakening, I quietly walk over to the window to open the baby pink curtains of her window to let light into Emily's bedroom, I hear a sleepy groan come from Emily as she slowly awakens. "Good morning sleepy head, it's time to get up for school. Start getting ready while I prepare breakfast" I say with a soft voice and the brightest smile I could muster for how early it is. She nods slowly while rubbing her tiny hands over her blue-grey eyes which she inherited from our late father, Luke Thomas, he passed away when I was 15 years old and my mother being the type of person she is left us to fend for ourselves, a 15 year old girl and a 2 year old baby, not that I'm complaining, I personally think I did a better job at raising her then my mother would have, I love Emily with everything that I am and If anything would happen to her, I'd be devastated.

After I woken Emily up, I had quietly made my way over to our kitchen to start making breakfast, now I'm no 5-star chef, but I can cook the basics and that's all we really need. I start making pancakes on the stove, not homemade ones because I don't have the time for that, about 2 minutes after they were finished, emily comes into the kitchen, she had her brown hair in two braids, one on each side of her head tucked behind her ears, she had her black glasses on as she always did, with a rosy pink t-shirt on with dark blue jean overalls, along with her favorite unicorn light up sneakers, as she walked over to her plate at the table she gave me a huge smile as she said "pancakes! Yay!" and she starts digging into her food, "Em, slow down! You might choke on your food!" I say as she rolls her eyes at me, she can be a bit sassy from time to time, but that's only if you know her well enough, otherwise shes one of the shiest beings on the planet. I give her a small glare as I head over to my room to start getting ready for my job at the local diner "Rainbow Diner" up the road.

As I finish getting ready, I look over at the clock, 7:36 then I look over to my ohone to see ive gotten two messages from emily,

"ive headed off to school! Ill text you when I arrive"

"just got to school! See you this afternoon!! 😊"

I smile at the messages, emily is so adorable for her age. Normal 10 is the obnoxious age but em has never been normal, shes very petite for her age, shes only 3'8, many people mistake her for a 1st grader, she doesn't have many friends other than her two best friends, Tara and Macy. I don't particarly like them all that much, Tara is into a lotta weird junk and grosses me out, that girl truly has no shame and Macy is that one girl who im pretty sure is into girls but hasn't admitted it yet, even though theyre in the 5th grade.

As I was about to walk out of the I look at myself in the mirror in the entrance hall, you could tell I was exhausted from the grey bags under my eyes, my brown hair pulled into a messy pony tail caused by the waviness of my hair, it never cooperates, my eyes, my ugly brown eyes, the ones I hate so much, they are the main feature I received from my mother, a woman I loathed, the brown ever so distinguished, ill forever hate them, I quickly lower my eyes to my outfit trying to remove the thought from my mind, I was dressed in black combat boots, black leggings and a plain white t-shirt with my hooded demi jacket.

I decided to stop staring at myself in the mirror after I had done it for about 5 minutes, I grab my phone and house keys and start my walk up the road the Rainbow Diner. Rainbow Diner is an 8-minute walk up the street from my apartment.

As I walk to my job, I hear an annoying sound "Repent! Repent! For the risen one will come soon! Repent!" "does this man have a life?" I think in my head as I pass him, he's here at this street corner every day yelling the same things, you'd think that after a while he'd give up but nope, he's been doing this for the past 6 months, hasn't missed a day, he's usual there from 7am-5pm yelling at the city Folk and he gets annoying real quick. When I heard him yelling I through my hood over my head and quicken my formerly slow pace, once I couldn't hear him anymore, I slowed my pace down and finish the rest of my walk after a quick breather.

As I arrive at my job, I slip into the back of the diner and through the back door, I hate walking through the front doors, it puts too much unwanted attention on me

As I arrive at my job, I slip into the back of the diner and through the back door, I hate walking through the front doors, it puts too much unwanted attention on me. I had made that mistake the first day on the job and I have made sure to never make that mistake again. After I slip into the locker rooms I hurry over to my locker and check the time on my phone, 7:49. I had 11 minutes till my shift started. I quickly undressed and redressed into my uniform. the uniform was a simple waitress outfit from the 70's in the color Yellow. There were 7 waitresses at the diner, and each one had a different color of the rainbow, I received Yellow.

 There were 7 waitresses at the diner, and each one had a different color of the rainbow, I received Yellow

 I slid into my off-white pumps and made my way out into the dining area and looked over at the time, 7:58. "perfect" I mumble to myself with a smirk on my face, I just have to get through this 6-hour shift, go pick up Emily from school and then I can go home and take a well-deserved nap. 

_________________

End of Part 1

Thank you soooooo much for reading, please comment if you like it so far!!

have a lovely rest of your day or night!! 😘😁