Prologue

*Five year old Makayla* ^

"Dad, can we go to the carnival please?"

"I already told you no Makayla. Go to the library and read a book"

This is a normal thing for sixteen year old Makayla. She's been trapped in a house since she was five and isn't allowed outside the gates of her dad's mansion. Ever since her mom died her dad changed. He became more overprotective and won't let her out of the high walls of the mansion.

She hung her head and sadly went to the library to reread a book. She has read every book in the library over the years. All five  hundred plus of them.

She always promised herself that when she turns eighteen she'll do anything to get out of these walls for good. And no one is going to stop her.

********************
The punching bag swung through the air as it received another hit from Xander. He skillfully swung punches at the bag, completely ignoring the burning of his knuckles and the spots of blood on the punching bag.

"I think you should take a break sir" his trusty assistant suggested.

He barely took into consideration what she said and continued mercilessly taking his anger out on the bag.

Twenty minutes later he stopped and went to the mini fridge for a bottle of water.

"Have you seen my sister for the morning?" He asked when he was done gulping down the water.

"Yes sir, she went shopping with a friend of hers"

"Okay" he said and walked to his office.

Once he was inside of his office he took a seat and turned in his chair to face the window. He stared at all the tall buildings and the different cars passing below.

A certain memory  came rushing back to him and he couldn't help but smile. He thought back to the little girl with the pigtails he saw in the cafe that day after school. He spent everyday after that day looking for her, hoping he'll see her again but luck wasn't on his side. He hasn't seen her since but he  won't give up until he finds her.