004

An alarm beep faintly in the distance and the sound of heavy rainfall could be heard outside the window. Yuna weakly pulled her heavy body up to get ready for school before her mother could nag at her to get up. She surely does not want to get out of bed anytime soon. Her body was weak and she just wanted to stay underneath the warm blanket of hers and rest all day, taking a break from school at least once. As much as she wanted to do that, her body automatically moves to get prepared for school.

Yuna drags her bag along the corridor and to the dining table to grab some breakfast.

"Dad, could you please send me to school by car? It's raining heavily." She asks softly while grabbing a piece of toast.

"I have an important meeting this morning. Maybe next time." He replied.

Yuna could only nod and then greet her parents' goodbye before going off to school.

As soon as she stood outside of her well-heated home, she was greeted by a harsh cold wind that blew against her. Although she was wearing her padded coat, she could feel a gush of cold wind fighting against her coat. This time, Yuna had prepared an umbrella and also an extra inner shirt and bottom in case the weather drops deeper during the day. Yuna struggled through her way to school, fighting the wind and also trying to protect her from getting wet although she brought along her umbrella, a partial part of her coat got wet however, thankfully, she arrived in school safely and on time.

It was just like any other day in school for Yuna. Class duties, studying, playing games during physical Ed class and then studying again before preparing for the self-study night class. She sighs as she sat down on the stairs at the very end of the long stretch of corridors. Her stomach growled loud enough for her to remember that she actually had to skip her lunch just so that she could meet her homeroom teacher for a discussion. She pulled out her onigiri that she bought from the school mart and gobbled down the rice ball in less than a second.

"Yah. You should eat slowly or else you're gonna choke on that fat onigiri." A pair of hands patted her back gently before sitting right next to her.

"Ah, Jungkook. Sorry, I'm actually pretty hungry. What's up?" She asks, wiping her mouth with the back of her hands.

"I just want to take some fresh air before going back to study. Anyways, did you have your lunch? I didn't see you in the cafeteria."

"Ah, Ms. Kim wanted to see me during lunch for the school festival in the next two month."

"Isn't it way too early to prepare for it? Besides, you have exams to study for? They are really throwing shit work at you, huh?" His voice slightly raises in anger.

"What can I do? No one wants to do the dirty work." She sighs.

"Why are you even in the top A class anyways, you always have to do the rich, smart kids dirty work."

Yuna shrugged and leaned back against the wall.

"If things get hard, don't push yourself. Alright? I'm always here for you if you need some help." Jungkook smiled and ruffled her hair before disappearing into the endless long corridor.

Jungkook and Yuna had been childhood friends, neighbors and practically her best friend who doesn't have to be by her side most of the time but always know her better than she does. That personality of his that always made Yuna hearts flutter. Knowing her feelings better than she does. Turning up in front of her when she felt exhausted mentally and physically. He's always there for her. However, Yuna felt that wasn't fair enough for her. As much as he's always there for Yuna, she doesn't seem to be there for Jungkook and that's a thing Yuna felt sorry and guilty for. Yuna wants to be there for his both happy and sad times, leaning on each other when times get hard, like what best friends do. But it always happens that Jungkook always got her back before she falls.