The News

A/N: This entire story is told through Dipper's POV unless specified otherwise. And another note, this is technically an AU (Alternate Universe) meaning some events may not play out exactly as they did in the show. And there will even be other new events as well. So please do not give me hate for it.
"PIÑATA ATTACK!!!" Mabel charged at the piñata and started hitting it with the bat, full force. Candy exploded everywhere like a sugar volcano. I only smiled and took a bite of my cake. It felt nice to finally relax after... everything. I tried to avoid the thought of going home as much as I could... but it lingered in the back of my mind. Suddenly, I feel a hand - a six fingered hand - rest upon my shoulder. "Happy birthday kid." Ford says, smiling as he shifts his glasses with his other hand. I nod at him and smile. "Thanks." Everyone continued to party and have fun. I ended up just sitting in the stairs and staring out into the trees, every now and then sipping my soda. The wind felt a little chillier than the usual summer breeze. Fall was on its way. And thus, bringing forth the thoughts of leaving once again. I thought of all the fun (and even not so fun) times we've all had together this summer. I wanted more than anything to stay... which, I could. But that would mean Mabel would grow up alone. And I've already talked about this with her: I'm staying by Mabel's side... That's what siblings are for, right? "Hey Dipper." I hear Wendy say as she sits next to me. I was a little startled, so deep in thought that I hadn't noticed I'd been away for a while. "You okay buddy?" I quickly nod in response. "Yea. Just thinking." I said calmly, sipping my soda and returning my gaze to the forest ahead of me. Wendy... wasn't convinced. She knew very well how much I was going to miss this place. I could feel her smile as she said, "I know.. you're going to miss this place a lot, huh?" I nodded, pushing back oncoming tears. "Well... There's not much I can say other than we're going to miss you guys too. And when you come back next summer, we'll be waiting for you!" I look up at her and smile, letting a single tear through. She gives me a noogie and laughs. I laugh with her for a bit. "Here." She takes my hat, placing her hat on my head. "To remember me." I smile at her as she puts on my hat. She smiles back. We talk for a bit... teen stuff, boy drama, and normal stuff for a while... then it drifted into recalling our favorite memories of our time in Gravity Falls. We laughed and had a great time. I didn't even notice it was getting dark until Grunkle Stan came out. "Come inside. I have good news!" he said cryptically, motioning for us to come inside. We both got up curiously and went inside. Apparently, we were the last ones to arrive. "Okay. Now that everyone's here, I have something to tell you all..." Grunkle Stan started, seeming like he's about to tell us another random thing that happened to him. But to my surprise, he smiled at Mabel and I and said, "You kids are staying another 2 weeks! Something came up with your parents and they're gonna be busy for bit so..." Everyone started to celebrate and go for a second round of cake. I was dumbfounded. I was an odd mixture of shock, confusion, excitement, and plain ol' happiness. Kinda like Mabel's Mabel Juice but.. without the chance of diabetes. Wendy nudged me and handed me another soda. "Dipper! Isn't this great?? We still have 2 more weeks of adventure left!" She said excitedly. I smiled at her and nodded. As great as this is, it was... odd to me. I wanted an explanation more than anything. But for now, I guess I should just enjoy myself. Even though I have more time here, I better make the most of it. I partied for the rest of the night until Wendy and the others had to go home. I said my goodbyes and headed upstairs to find Mabel already passed out on her bed. It wasn't long after until I went out too. Finally, some shut eye. I was still tired from everything. From Weirdmageddon, to the party. I was ready to relax. I closed my eyes. Sleep came but... sweet dreams didn't.

Chapter 2 Coming Soon...
Memories, Terrors, Haunting My Mind
Clues, Mysteries, Anything I Can Find.
A Sleepless Night Awakens Me
Someone Asleep Wanting To See.
Open Your Eyes
Fear, Your Disguise.
You Tell Yourself Lies
To Avoid Your Demise.
Watching.

Always.