Chapter 1: The Shit They Get Me Into

LENA POV

"HOW THE HELL DO YOU TALK ME INTO THESE THINGS?!?!?!" I hollered while running through the forest, dodging trees and narrowly eluded overgrown roots one after the other. My long black curls in a tight braid that swung around behind me as I focused my purple eyes ahead.

"NOT MY FAULT! THE TWINS JUST HAD TO KNOW WHAT WAS IN THAT DAMNED CAVE!!!" Azrael screamed in her think Spanish accent as she lifted her skirts out of the way of her feet. Her brown waves flying behind her as she kept her fiery brown eyes ahead of her.

"YOU ENCOURAGED IT! AND IT WAS CARINA'S IDEA IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!" Cerina shouted from behind us as her blood red cape flew with the wind. Her bright blue eyes shining and her brown curls blowing into her face.

"YOU ARE THE ONE WHO FORCED GIA TO USE THE ILLUMINATION SPELL!!!" I barked.

"I WARNED THEM IT WAS UNWISE!" Gia's green skin was now moist with sweat that dripped down her long straight black hair.  She quickly pushed her wire rimmed glasses up her slender nose.

"CARINA ALSO TRACKED THE DAMN BEAST!" Cerina declared while skillfully hurtling over a fallen tree.

"I DIDN'T KNOW IT'D BE THAT BIG!!!" Carina then released an arrow from her bow behind her and towards the beast.

"IT'S A GOD DAMN BEAR! WHY DOES IT MATTER?!" Azrael snapped.

"WE'RE ALMOST THERE! AND NO MORE BEAR HUNTING FOR THE ADRENALINE JUNKIE!!!" I added as we reached the location where we left our horses. Then we quickly mounted our stress and went down the dirt road at almost full speed.

"It's gone. We better get back to HQ. Amara is probably waiting for us," Gia advised as she rode by my side.

I nodded in agreement and reached into my boot, whipping out my slender red and black swirled wand. With one wave,  a bright blue portal swirled ahead of us.

'Time to go home', I thought as we disappeared inside the large vortex that closed once we were gone.