chapter 3

chapter 3

                                                                  *** Zoe's POV***

I'm here everyday like i have been for a year. Sometimes i think that it would be better if i would have just stayed dead during the seven wonders, but I'm here. I have to stay strong for my sisters; everyone has hard days right? It's pretty much just me, Queenie, Amber, and Taylor everyday. I have no idea what the others are doing, i haven't seen them all day. Oh well, i have myself to worry about anyways. Sometimes i just feel like i am all alone, like i just have myself and that I'm spinning on a broken record that has been broken since creation. I miss my mother, I miss Kyle, I miss everything that made me who I am.

Transfiguration. Things are different this year. Cordelia says that Transfiguration the mythical transformation from human to an animal. She also says that we should use this in only extreme emergencies, since normal people would obviously sense something wrong about us. Cordelia explains that when you want to use transfiguration, you first have to think of the animal you want to transfigurate into, then say Forvandling Impurioerno. Basically you don't choose you're animal, you're soul and spiritual connection to nature picks for you. In my example when i transfigurate I turn into a doe. During the time of practicing my transfiguration with Queenie, Amber, and Taylor i notice a man, he is staring into the window watching us. My instincts tell me to run to the window to investigate, but all I manage is too just stand there like a statue, frozen. Queenie looks at me, instantly knowing something is wrong and confronts me.

"Damn Zoe, you look like you've left your carcass behind", Queenie says in a joking manner. I still havent moved a muscle yet. And as my absence of responding to Queenie, she increasing becomes more worried. She then looks at the window with the same man staring in, standing there motionless.

"YOU WANT SOMETHING TO STARE AT? I'LL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO STARE AT YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" Queenie says as she grabs a pair of scissors on the table then stabbing herself in the hand. The man at the window instantly screams in pain, and runs away into the busy city.

"Jesus Christ, who was that" Immediately says Amber and Taylor.

"Can't be certain but I know whenever someone is stalking you through a window it never ends well" I say trying to let down the seriousness of this situation.

"Shall we tell Cordelia, I mean are we in any danger?" Queenie suggests, putting the scissors down on the table where they were before.

"No, he was probably someone homeless looking for food, or young girls. I have no idea. Besides, Cordelia has plenty of other problems to worry about. We will say something if he comes back, lets just keep this between the four of us. Agreed?" I say with an oddly exuberant voice.

"Agreed." They say as we go our separate ways trying to forget about the whole thing.

                                                                        --

"The nights are very cold, and the days are getting shorter, I really want summer back" I say to myself laying in my filmiliar spot on my bed. I am almost asleep when i feel a cold hand cover my mouth quickly awaking me. I open my eyes in complete terror as I awake to a familiar face.