One-shot

"God dammit! Again?" Rosé whispered, pulling her sleeves down further to cover the embarrassing new doodle on her wrist.

Her new temporary tattoo consisted of a banana, half peeled, with googly eyes and a suggestive smile, and an inappropriate joke written in messy handwriting.

For Heaven's sake, she was at work. Couldn't she get a break?

"Oh, got another one?" Her co-worker, Jisoo, asked, rolling over in her office chair to Rosé's desk.

"Of course, I did." Rosé huffed and shook her head, grabbing a tissue and hand sanitizer to attempt to wash it off.

It was of no use. Whoever her soulmate was used permanent marker this time. How convenient.

She picked up a pen and wrote the word 'stop' in all capital letters, hoping maybe that would reach her soulmate.

For the record, she had no idea how the universe could match her up with someone so intolerable. Clearly she was around her age, the system disapproving of large age gaps, so she had to have been mature enough to realize that this really wasn't funny, but no. Just her luck, she couldn't get in a relationship with anyone but this brat, because it would never work out.

"Come on, Chaeyoung. It's kind of funny." Jisoo shrugged, putting the cap of her pen in her mouth and absentmindedly chewing on it.

Rosé rolled her eyes.

It was certainly not funny.

When she reached the age of twenty one, she retrieved the ability to write to her soulmate. She wrote often, talking about hobbies and interests and how excited she was to have a soulmate, but she never got a response for a month, so she gave up.

When her soulmate did start writing to her, it was all banter and inappropriate jokes.

At first, it saddened and confused Rosé. She wondered how someone could take something so serious like love as a joke.

Now, it just angered and annoyed her and she often found herself praying at night for a different soulmate. Maybe the universe had made a mistake.

But to no avail, she woke up every morning with the same silly drawings.

"I just don't understand why I couldn't have matched up with someone like your soulmate." Rosé muttered, turning her attention to her computer screen.

She felt Jisoo place a hand on her shoulder and give her a soft squeeze, before she returned back to her desk to continue her work.

Jisoo had gotten matched up with a hopeless romantic. Whoever this person was left her cute notes down her arm a few times a day, expressing how happy she was to have gotten such a gentle-hearted soulmate, which with no doubt, Jisoo was. She deserved someone like that, but she couldn't help but wonder why she didn't.

Rosé felt a sudden itching sensation on her wrist and she clenched her jaw before pulling her sleeve up slightly.

Her soulmate had drawn a winky face, accompanied with the word 'never.'

She really felt like crying over it sometimes. She just wanted to fall in love and as far as she was concerned, she had a great dislike for this person. It was all incredibly frustrating, but she couldn't let go of the hope that this person would mature and really, properly reach out to her.

Rosé grabbed the pen again in one swift movement, popping it open quickly to respond to this infuriating human being.

She quickly scrawled 'can u please just leave me alone? i have work and i don't have time to deal with your stupidity' on her skin.