•9.5•

Namjoon led me into the cozy Italian place he picked out and sat me down at the table. Our server came and we both ordered a glass of white wine, laughing at the coincidence.

   "Red wine is nasty. It tastes like grape cough syrup and beer." I giggled. He agreed with me. Our server came back, and since I had no idea what I wanted, Namjoon ordered Saltimbocca for us both. I smiled at him gratefully when the human girl left. "Sorry." He shook his head. "Don't apologise, starlight. It isn't your fault."

   I wanted to ask Namjoon the question I'd asked the others, and it seemed funny that I'd be doing it over dinner again. "Namjoon..." He glanced up at me, "Yes?"

   Well, might as well dive in.

   "How did you become a demon?" I wouldn't retract the statement this time. I had seen Namjoon angry and I wasn't afraid. I had lost fear of all of the boys by now. He started at the question, probably taken aback at me having asked in the first place.

   "That..." he began hesitantly. "That is a rough story, and I would pray that you wouldn't think of me less for it." I started shaking my head.

   "Kim Namjoon. You all seem to think that your past changed the fact that you saved my life. I've seen you now. I've seen what you can be, how angry you can get, the words you spit. I am not scared and I will not think less of you."

   My small speech seemed to have reassured him. He rolled his shoulders, steeling himself. As he did so, the server dropped our plates, winking at Namjoon. My eyes narrowed. She looked over and saw me. My hazel eyes, human features, and the purple bruises that always painted my neck. The boys liked to make sure people knew I was theirs. She scoffed at me and waltzed away. Namjoon had watched the scene with curiosity. "Mina, are you jealous?" he asked, cocking his brow.

   "Yes, I am." I snarled. I knew I could be honest because they got jealous plenty. Not among each other, just with other people. He chuckled and pet my hand. "You know we only want you, starlight."

   I nodded and my anger faded. I stabbed my food and looked up, waiting for Namjoon to continue his tale. He took a sip of his wine and eyed me warily. "I was a bitch. I was a CEO's son and made sure everyone knew it. I had money, looks, and a job waiting for me. All the girls wanted me and all the men wanted to be me. Sometimes the other way around."

   I nodded to show I was listening and took a bite. He kept going.

   "My father, I thought he was a good man. He loved me and my mother. Until one night when he told us he was staying late at work. My mother and I were supposed to be gone that afternoon, we had left to go out when my mom realized she forgot something. We went back and my father's car was in the driveway. I'm guessing you can tell where this is going. My mother and I walked in on him fucking his secretary." He shook his head.

   "I killed them. As soon as we walked in, and my mother started crying I went to the mantle, took the gun out, and shot them both. I'll never forget how horrified my mother looked. I was a monster in her eyes. The second she backed away from me, I apologized and put the gun to my head. Turns out, I had been walking around an undiagnosed sociopath and it took major trauma to bring it out."

   I nodded in grim understanding. "I get it. I don't think less of you for it. You're still my brave, wonderful, intelligent man." He smiled gratefully at me and finished his meal.

   "Ready for movies and cuddles?" He asked, grinning like a little boy. "Damn right!" I rejoiced

   We watched Titanic.

   I sobbed.

   He laughed at me.

   It was a wonderful night.

-----

We just gonna pretend like it ain't 5 am rn and I still haven't slept. This is really short but it's just me finishing up his chapter.

Love y'all~