𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙟𝙖𝙚 : 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨

youngjae 영재
not just friends

youngjae and you have been friends since you were in middle school.

you knew each other better than anybody else. and of course, you developed feelings for him.

you did everyhting together.
absolutely everything.

you wanted to talk about it with him, so you told him to meet you in the park after college.

he walked towards the bench you were sitting on and sat down next to you, waiting for you to talk.

you kept silent for a few minutes, enjoying the soothing weather.

"youngjae.." you called.

"hm ?"

"what are we ?" you asked, not daring to look at him.

"we're best friends, of course. what else ?" he smirked.

at his words, your lowered your head, staring at the grass. you were disappointed, but more than anything, you were hurt. best friends ? after everything that happened between the both of you ?

"I hate you so fucking much." you whispered.

".. what ?" now, he looked really confused.

"you heard me." you looked up at him, watching his surprised expression. "I hate you for making me feel that way. I hate you for making me believe that something could've happened between us. I hate the fact that anytime you hear that someone is interested in me, you make sure they never come near me again, as if I was your property but then you'd go and get yourself a new girlfriend."

you glanced at him, seeing him speechless. you took a deep breathe before continuing.

"you keep telling me that we're just friends but friends don't do the things we do. we did everything together, we know everything about each other, did you actually expect me not to fall in love with you ? why are you doing this to me ? why do you play with me and my feelings ? am I just a toy to you ?"

"y/n I'm sorry, I never wanted you to get hurt, i-"

"yeah. as if." you laughed bitterly. " you know what ? I don't care anymore. don't ever talk to me again choi youngjae, go find some other girl to hook up with." you said as you stood up and walked away, a tear escaping your eye while you whipped it away.

youngjae chased after you almost immediately, stopping you from going any further by standing in front of you.

"could you at least listen to me ?"

you stared at him, silently, and nodded.

"I never wanted to hurt you. but when guys get near you, I don't like it. I don't want them to take you away from me. I love you y/n. I always have. that's why I try meeting new people, to get you out of my mind. but I can't, I can't stop thinking about you. you make me go crazy. you, your smile, your eyes, your hair, your lips, your touch, your body, your scent, your voice, everything about you makes me go crazy. I was afraid that if I confessed you would reject me, and I would lose my best friend. I'm sorry it had gone this far, I just.. I thought it would work that way." he sighed. "I love you. you're my best friend, my confident, my first kiss, my first love, my first time."

"you're a jerk."

you watched as he lowered his head and you smiled.

"but I love you. and I forgive you."

he looked up at you and you immediately hugged him.

"y/n, would you be my girlfriend ? I know you won't be the first, but hopefully you'll be the last one."

"yes." you whispered as you tightened the hug.