26

Jisoo's POV:

                           Me and Suho have been dating for a good year now. Our friends found out after 6 months. Our one year anniversary is coming up soon and tonight he is meeting my mom for the first time. My dad has tried for custody of me twice but can't get it at all. Thank you mommy. So I'm upstairs in my room getting ready. I'm in the middle of doing my makeup and my mom is cooking dinner and the dog is going crazy. But gotta love her. She's a Pomeranian. I finish getting ready and look pretty if I do say so myself. I go downstairs and help my mom cook. The doorbell rings . Mom winks at me and I roll my eyes.

                                                                                          I open the doors to reveal my boyfriend with tulips. "Hey I know you told me once that these were your favorites so I got them for you." I smile and smell them. He gives them to me and I invite him inside. "Watch out, there's a hyper Pomeranian around here somewhere." He kneels down and laughs cutely while petting the dog. My mom goes around the counter and goes to see him as he's behind a wall. Petting the dog. She looks at me  and whispers "He's hot!" I nod and get the dog. He stands up and straightens his polo out. "It's very nice to meet you Mrs Kim. My name is Suho and I have the pleasure of dating your daughter."

                       My mom smiles and hugs him. "Welcome to the family!" He hugs back and smiles at me. My mom pulls away. "Are you two hungry? I made sushi!" She fixes our plates and sets them down. Me and Suho sit beside each other. Mom sits across from us. "So Suho, do you have a job?" "Yes ma'am I work at the Mexican place in town. And I volunteer at the nursing home too." "Why couldn't your father be more like him? He's so kind and real." My mom says pouring eel sauce on her food. Suho smiles and kisses my cheek. "I'm just thankful you trust me with Jisoo, in my opinion she deserves the world and I want to give it to her."

                                                                                                                                      My mom smiles and starts tearing up a little. "Thank you, all I want is my daughter to be safe. It's so nice knowing someone else finally sees what she's worth." My mom says wiping her eyes. "Aww mommy." I go to her side and hug her. Suho is confused because I haven't told him everything about my father. "Suho, my father took in Lisa and her mother and treats me bad." "Not on my watch." He responds. I go back to my seat. We continue talking and laughing at stories of when I was little. I forgot about the Statue of Liberty incident. Eventually we all sit on the couch watching a horror film.

         I flinch at a few jumpscares and snuggle into Suho, hiding my face."I've gotta get going. I don't want my mom to worry. My dad I don't care. But Jisoo, I would love for you to meet her one day." I smile and kiss him. "I would be honored to meet her." He smile and pecks my lips a few times. My mom went upstairs so we're good. "Just, my dad is not a good person in my eyes so I'm so so so sorry if he doesn't like you for some reason. Just know I love you." I nod and  walk him out to his car. He opens the door to it and kisses me passionately. I kiss back. He smiles and gets in his car and I wave him goodbye.

A Few Days Later....

Suho's POV:

                        Today is the day Jisoo meets my mom. She's so ecstatic to meet Jisoo, I love that she's happy I found someone. My dad is in his office as usual. I have no respect for him because of how he treats my mom. It's disgusting. My mom broke something in a car accident and he did nothing to help her. It makes me so angry. I'm putting on a button down shirt and dress pants and shoes because my dad likes it formal at the dinner table. I put on my jacket and brush through my messy hair to make it look somewhat okay.

                                                                                                                  I go downstairs to see my mom cooking and humming along to some music on her phone. I smile and she turns around and hugs me tightly. "Hey baby. How was your day?" "It was great mom." She's all giddy to meet my love, it's so funny how she's just so happy. Dad comes downstairs and my mom shuts off the music immediately and gets back to focusing on cooking. "Hello." She looks at him and smiles. "Hello dear." "Suho," he says loudly. "Yes father" I say back sighing. "Have you applied to the college I graduated from yet?" "No father." "Do it now." Yes father." I go upstairs and pretend to do it and he goes back in his office.

                                                     I hear the doorbell ring and run downstairs and open it. Jisoo is standing there looking literally perfect. I can't believe I'm dating this gorgeous girl. I invite her in and by that time my mom finishes dinner and says "Suho, dinner!" I go in the kitchen and lead Jisoo with me. "Mom, this is my girlfriend Jisoo." She turns around and smiles. It's very nice to meet you Jisoo, you're very beautiful." The pleasure is all mine, Mrs Kim." Jisoo says bowing in respect. My father comes downstairs. I roll my eyes and get out plates for the four of us and hand Jisoo one. "Thank you, babe" she whispers. My dad looks at Jisoo and circles around her. "Suho, come with me." my father says dragging me away from the two most important people in my life.

         He looks at me and says "Break up with her. You can find someone better." "You know what, no I can't, Jisoo is beautiful and sweet and smart and I'm so in love with her, this past year has been the best year of my life. And I am not breaking up with her because you are so stuck up that you think she's not worthy." I say and walk out of the room and slam the door. I go downstairs and mom is showing Jisoo my baby book. Oh my god. "You know I was really excited to meet you and you are so amazing and sweet, and I've never seen Suho so happy so thank you." My mom says and hugs Jisoo. "The pleasure is all mine Mrs Kim." I sit down next to Jisoo and smile. Mom shows Jisoo  a picture of me in the bath when I was a baby.

                                                                                                                                        "It's getting very late, I should get home to my mom." Jisoo says standing up. My mom hugs her. "You should come back really soon dear, so I can embarrass Suho even more." Jisoo chuckles. I take her hand and lead her to her car. "I love your mom, she's just as wonderful as you." I smile and kiss her softly. "Thank you, baby." I say. "Well I should go" she says and I open her car door. "I love you Jisoo" "I love you too Suho." She gets in her car and I shut the sore for her and she drives off. I go back inside to hear my parents arguing over my girlfriend. I sigh and go upstairs and lay on my bed. I eventually fall asleep. I wish my father understood.