26. Mi Familia

After so long, I was finally returning to the US. I rushed through the airport and customs. The lines were so long and everyone was so slow doing stuff.

I got through the lines and to my gate. I waited impatiently and boarded the plane once it was time. The ride was too long for me and once I got off, I rushed toward where the LadyLike crew was. As I walked through the crowds, I spotted everyone. I let out a squeal of excitement and ran toward them.

Mike spotted me first and ran toward me. I dropped my bags and hugged him tightly. He hugged me until my breath escaped me and I had to pull away.

"Oh, Fátima, I missed you!" Mike said, kissing my forehead. "I am so glad you're back here."

I laughed. "I missed you."

Mike left me to hug everyone else. Freddie was last and hugged me tightly. After all of that, we headed back to the car. As we left the airport, I realized something.

"Where's Ryan?" I asked.

"He had a big project to do," Freddie said. "He wanted to come but he couldn't miss it."

"I understand," I replied. "I want to see him soon."

"He wouldn't stop talking about you," Freddie said. "He loves you a lot."

I blushed. "No, he doesn't. We haven't even been together long enough before I went back to Mexico."

"No, he loves you," Jen said. "He told us on multiple occasions."

"I will believe it when I hear it," I said. "We will see each other later. Now let's get me some food. I'm starving."

"I know the best place," Chantel said. "I'm taking you to Chipotle."

We went to the restaurant and sat down to eat. I felt so at ease with them and I felt better. I was with my friends again.

I tapped Freddie's arm. "Juan wants to come to visit you."

"I'll give him a place to stay," Freddie says. "If he doesn't stay with you and Mike, of course."

I smiled a little. "I'm sure he wants to be with you a few times."

Freddie smiled with an embarrassed look and continued eating her food. We finished our food and headed back out. We all went to Mike's house to hang out. I went into my room to unpack my stuff. As I did so, Mike came in and sat in a desk chair.

"I missed you a lot, Fátima," Mike said. "Everyday was miserable without you. I never thought I would see you again."

I looked back at him. "I missed you too. You are my best friend and you are always there for me. I hope something like that ever happens again because I love it here. I love being with you. You are my greatest friend."

Mike grinned and got up to hug me. I squeezed him tightly and buried my face into his chest. Tears began to come to my eyes. Mike's hugs were always so nice and comforting.

Mike pulled away and grabbed my face. "Don't leave me like that, okay?"

I laughed a little. "I won't, I promise. I like it here with you and everyone else."

Mike pulled me back into a hug before we went out to the main room with everyone else. We sat around and talked for hours. We laughed so hard our stomachs hurt and joked around a lot. When the night became late, everyone left. I hugged each and every one of them goodbye, thanking them for being there for me. As I closed the door behind me, my phone started ringing. I pulled out my phone and answered.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, it's me, Ryan," the voice said. "I wanted to speak to you before you had the chance to fall asleep."

I smiled a little as I walked toward my room. "That's nice of you. How are you? I haven't talked to you in a bit."

"I'm sorry about that," Ryan said. "I've been doing alright. Now that you're back, I'm even better. I want to see you as soon as possible. I love you."

I blushed as I entered my room. "I love you too."

"I won't keep you too long," Ryan said. "I'll see you soon."

I started unbuttoning my pants. "Right back at you. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I hung up and changed into pajamas. I let my hair down and laid down in bed. I scrolled through some pictures I had taken. I found one with all of the LadyLike crew plus Ryan and Shane. Ryan had an arm wrapped around my shoulder and I had an arm around his waist. We all had smiles on our faces. I smiled as I looked longer. I had found a family and I loved them so much. I was so glad that I went to LA.