the attic

Is there anything to do in this house? I thought to myself. I walked throughout the hallway with my shoulders slouched. Then I heard faint whispers drawing me towards the attic's latch. I reached up to grab the rope that opened the attic door, and all of the sudden my grandma Carol raced down the hallway in my direction yelling at me.

"Roni what on earth are you doing?!"

When she yelled, it broke me out of my transe and I immediately turned around. She grabbed my arm and began walking me into the kitchen and sat me down on a bar stool. Her facial expression showed worry and anger.

" What were you doing Roni? You know that you aren't supposed to go in the attic".

" I know grandma," I replied, "it's just she was calling me to open it...to play with her".

"Who was Roni? Who was calling you?" grandma asked, but it seemed like she knew the answer but didn't want to say it out loud.

"The voice grandma; the little girl in the attic".

She immediately tensed up.

"Roni you listen to me right now! If you ever hear her calling you again asking you to play, you don't listen to her. Ignore it and come straight to me; do you understand me?".

" Yes grandma". I immediately replied.

"Good, alright. Now let's go to the ice cream shop down the street, yeah?" she asked.

"Yay ice cream!"

We both then gathered our things and left.

Grandma Carol's point of view
flashback to when she was a little girl-

I was only a little girl at the age of 9 when my father took me to the thrift shop and got me that doll. It was as if she was calling me to her. When i got home I immediately began playing with her in my room.

"hmm... what should i name you?"

It was a faint whisper but i heard it off in the distance "....Eliza".

"I'm gonna call you Eliza".

Every day after school I would play with her. I would even take her to the dinner table with me and made her a plate of food. Then one day Mary Jane moved next door...She was new to town and we began playing after school. I would bring Eliza at first but then Mary Jane showed me her new barbies and we began playing with them instead. I was loosing interest in Eliza. I had begged my dad for a barbie so I wouldn't be bored when I came home. Finally for my birthday he got me one and I was addicted to her. I left Eliza in my closet. Then one day my barbie went missing. I knew for a fact I had sat her on my dresser when i left for school, but when I got home she was no where to be found. I also knew I left Eliza in my closet but she was sat on my bed.

"Come play with me Carol..." I heard a faint whisper say.

I would've been scared if it wasn't said in a sickly sweet voice. So i made my way to my bed and began playing with her. When i was about to leave to play with Mary Jane I heard the voice say

" Take me with you Carol...I'm way more fun than those barbies."

So i picked her up and went over to her house. When i had arrived at Mary Janes house, I went to her bed room after declining the offer for a snack by her mother.

" Carol why don't you have you're barbie today?"

" Oh Mary Jane it's the saddest story ever. When I got home from school i couldn't find her anywhere. But I guess all things happen for a reason because now I'm regaining my lost connection with Eliza."