Nightmare Logic

Ariel, Faith and I were about to leave on another hunt for Michael's monsters, stopping in the war room when we saw that Sam and Dean were with a group of survivors from the Apocalypse World.

Sam was talking. "And details matter. I know homework sucks, but get it down, all of it. The more we know, the better we are, so..." He saw me, Ariel and Faith. "Uh, everybody good? Any questions? Okay, let's get to work."

Everyone dispersed.

"You kids have fun out there," Dean told them.

"Don't even say it," Sam told him.

"What?" Dean asked. "No, it's good. It's got, like a very camp-counselor vibe to it. Just need to get you a whistle."

Ariel, Faith and I walked toward them. The phone kept chiming.

"What is that?" Ariel asked.

"It's nothing," I told them. "It's just... hunter check ins."

"Check ins?" Faith repeated.

"Yeah," I answered.

Dean smirked. "That's adorable."

Sam looked at Ariel, Faith and me. "Let me guess. You three are gonna go on another monster hunt."

Ariel shrugged. "We have the best advantage against these kinds of monsters, who are so much stronger than actual monsters, the ones that Michael makes, since we're the strongest, and we can kill them a lot easier than you guys can."

Sam sighed. "Ariel, Faith, what did you, me and Ava talk about you two slowing down?"

"We did slow down, Dad," Faith told him. "If we didn't slow down, Ariel and I would have already zapped us and Mom to the location of the monsters, killed them all, and been back here before you guys left for whatever job you guys have in mind for the day."

"Faith's got a point, man," Dean told him.

"Didn't ask you," Sam replied.

We smirked.

Dean looked at Ariel and Faith. "We know Ava doesn't sleep because of the Angel thing, but have you two got any rest lately, like at all? I mean, look, guys, I know things are crazy right now, okay? I mean, hell, I just went toe-to-toe with my own personal horror movie icon, but we all need our beauty sleep."

"Uncle Dean, we have 16 hunters on cases right now," Ariel told him. "That's not counting Jack, Kai and Cas in Sarasota, or Grandma and Bobby working that Rougarou in Texas."

"Okay, you know that these people survived a war just like you two did, right?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, but a war isn't hunting," Faith answered. "These people need, uh, lore and weapons and tips and backup, and... look, don't worry about us, okay? We're good."

"It's okay," I told them. "I'll go with them. We'll all be fine." Sam sighed, nodding in agreement, looking at his phone, seeming confused. "What is it?"

"One of the hunters, uh, missed check in," Sam answered.

"Who?" I asked.

"Maggie," Sam answered.

We all exchanged a look.

*       *       *       *       *

Sam was checking his laptop.

I was trying to call Maggie. "Come on, Maggie, answer the phone."