Chapter 1: A New Home

'It's just human school. You can do this.' I thought to myself covering my face with my long straight red hair making sure that no one could look into my pale blue eyes as I opened the door to my Homeroom. Everyone turned around and looked at me.

"Hello." said a man sitting at the desk who I guessed was the teacher.

"Hi. I'm Willow." I said

"Hi. I'm Mr. Jeffries. You can sit next to Rhydian until we find you a more permanent seat. I am also going to give the class a free period to get to know Willow." he said going over to his desk to grade papers.

"Okay." I said going over to take my seat.

"What are you doing in my packs territory?" One of the girls in front of me asked

"First of all, there is no pack in this real territory and second, if there was why are they so close to civilization? You would be bound to be seen someday." I said to her smartly. She looked at me and didn't know what to say. "Oh and by the way the only reason I am here is because of my actual pack so if you wouldn't mind, stay away from me. I have official business to settle here."

"We are a tame pack not a wild pack for your information. Which means we are actually civilized and can be near humans without broadcasting our secret to everyone since you're so ignorant."

"No wonder. I knew no real wolfbloods could live here."

"We are real wolfbloods."

"No you aren't. Actual wolfbloods can't live in civilization because of their instincts and you surely can't have a pack of actual wolfbloods would be killed on sight by hunters because tame wolfbloods aren't connected with their instincts of protection and actual wolfbloods are wild and live in forests not in cities. Real wolfbloods respect their wolf and tame wolfbloods just use it as a tool."

"If you would like to stay in this territory I suppose you should pick it up with the alphas or you should leave."

"Fine! Who are the alphas?" I said giving up

"My parents. I will expect to see you at my house for dinner tonight." she said giving me her address on a slip of paper "Oh and by the way I'm Maddie."

"Willow. But it's not like you care." I mumbled the last part under my breath

"Rydian. I will see you at dinner." the guy beside me said

"Are you two brother and sister?"

"No. He's a part of our... family." Maddy said not wanting to set me off again.

"Finally you have shut up." a girl beside me says

"Wait what all did you hear?" I ask nervously

"Nothing just a lot of babbling on about wolfbloods or something." she says

"Don't worry about them. Their the K's. All they care about is shoes and how they look." Rydian explained. Right after that the bell rang for us to get out of class for the day.

"Remember your projects are due Monday." Mr. Jeffries said to the class who was bustling out the door. I walked to my locker and got my stuff for the next period. The rest of the classes went about the same as the first class. Once the day was finished I walked quickly out of the classroom with my head down. I always hated when I come to a new school. Usually I just avoided everyone except the wolfbloods I was trying to ally with. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw a girl with jet black eyes looking at me.

"I am so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going and-"

"I don't care. Get out of my way." I stepped aside. She pushed past me and I went to my locker. I put away the things from my last class, got my homework, closed my locker, and walked out of the school towards the woods behind it. Once I got into the part of the tree where I was hidden, I fell asleep waiting for when I would have to go to dinner with Maddie's parents.

About an hour later, I was woken up by someone shaking the tree I was in. I looked down and saw Jimmy and his buddies. Maddie and Rhydian had told me about them in English.

"What are you doing up there?" Jimmy shouted up at me

"None of your business," I climbed down and stood before him. "What do you want?" He moved around me in a circle like a hawk does it's prey.

"Grab her." he said to his friends. They came up and pinned me to the tree I had just gotten out of.

"What are you doing?" I asked struggling to get free.
"I'm teaching you your place." He punched my ribs and I glared daggers at him. He just smirked and kept punching me. He stopped after a while they left leaving me on the ground. I was so close to shifting, but I wasn't going to let her take over. I got up after a few minutes and starting walking to Maddie's house hoping they could help me.