Cup No. 1

Author's Note (Important):This is a series of one shot collections. I came up with this idea or my inspiration in writing this was a manga entitled "Shiawasae Kissa Sanchoume" by Matsuzuki Kou. The only thing I got from the manga is I just wanted the same set up of the cafe portrayed in the manga. If you read it (the manga), you'll understand what I'm talking about. I just wanted to make this clear because some of you might have read the manga and tell me something about it so I'm just giving a hint at first hand. Lastly, this author's note is getting quite long so sorry 'bout that and I used Japanese names in case you are wondering. Anyway, just enjoy reading and thank you :D

Cup No. 1

The man that I loved was standing in front of the altar. He was dressed formally and elegantly. His black coat and blue tie made him more handsome or ‘sexier’ as I secretly called it handsome. His eyes and the way his lips curved were all very familiar and ever so sweet. As a husband-to-be, he was perfect.

It was on my first year in the university that I got to meet him. I was an usher to an event held by the school for the incoming students for the next semester. The sun was at its peak and my stomach kept on growling, I was terribly hungry since in my hurry that morning, I skipped breakfast. My feet didn’t stop walking back and forth while constantly checking my watch until I finally got tired and sat on the nearest chair.

I sat on the corner where there were less people. I was not in the mood and my sighs were getting more frequent. It startled me when a voice spoke, “Can I seat here?”

I jumped at the sound of his voice. I nodded, not really sure how to respond. He sat on the chair beside me and since the curiosity inside me was building up, I eyed him. He was a very good looking guy. His hair was fixed by wax, I could tell by the smell. The perfume he used was a popular one too. His body was lean and he was tall enough to be taller than me. Every features of him, I became familiar with. I knew staring was rude but my eyes were fixed on him until he finally noticed me.

At that sudden gesture of his, I immediately smiled awkwardly and asked him, “Are you waiting for someone?”

He checked his phone before responding to me, “Yep. Actually, I have a cousin who’s going to attend this school next sem.”

“Oh,” I replied shortly with my mouth perfectly forming in a small o. Then I averted my eyes into other people passing by the lobby even though there were only few.

“I’m Kaoru by the way,” he extended his hand and I gladly took it, “I’m Haru, it’s nice to meet you.”

He smiled and that’s when I only noticed that one his tooth was crooked. That made him uniquely attractive. I liked that feature of his the most.

Our first meeting was brief. We eventually got comfortable with each other. There were lots of trivial things we talked about since there was nothing else to do except to wait. I had a good time that I completely forgot that I was starving. That was until his cousin finally arrived.

My crush at first sight was short lived. That was what I was thinking when I tried finding him in the campus. I searched Facebook, Twitter and every social network that I had an account on but there was no sign of him. I even asked my friends for help but I never saw him once. I kept on telling myself I would see him, definitely until the desire of seeing him once more was buried by other things. My life went on the way it used to be before I met him, simple and habitual.

It was on another event at school that I finally got to see him again. This time, the event was sponsored by the department I was in. The air was chilly when the program started. It was pretty normal and I enjoyed it. My friends and I were checking out guys as usual, finding the hottest guy in the crowd.