Chapter Seven

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ DON BROCO - Lets Go Back To School ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I used to get the highest marks, I used to be top of the class, I once believed I'd rule the whole world, I used to push the biggest weight, I fooled myself I ran the place. I once believed that was the real world.

Walking down the hallway, I held on to the strap of Lexi's bag as we pushed past the stampede of people making their way to first period. Lexi and I only shared one class, meaning that we jumped at the chance of sitting together in the lesson. Our maths teacher sat at the front of the class with his tie hastily thrown on and a coffee stain on his white button down shirt. It's not like it mattered, he spent most of his lessons sleeping and the rare times he was awake he spent staring at the picture frame of his three cats. It is a mystery how I ever learn anything in this lesson.

"I'm telling you Grace, Mr Breward owns a nightclub," Lexi exclaimed, adjusting her loose tank top.

"Are you kidding me? Mr Breward is forty three years old and the only family that keep in touch are his cats. Do you really think he owns a nightclub?" I questioned my best friends' sanity.

"You're not thinking about this logically. He is never awake during the day which can only mean one thing: he has a secret nightlife. I'm certain he is not an assassin because his beer belly would hold him back so he must be tired from running a club all night..."

I started to think about my empty stomach and what I wanted for lunch when I felt a nudge on my shoulder.

"Grace! Don't you dare zone out on me! I'm being serious," Lexi narrowed her eyebrows. I threw my hands up in the air with exasperation.

"I've heard this theory almost a million times Lex," I complained.

"Well I'm sorry I can't get your attention. Maybe I should start speaking in a British accent," Lexi giggled while she played dumb. Her smirk hidden behind her hands as she found the sudden redness on my cheeks amusing. Almost instantly the memory of Zack's sweet smile filled my head and I found myself wearing a toothy grin.

"Hey, if you weren't so busy playing tonsil hockey with Mason then maybe you would have met Zack," I retorted, laughing Lexi's pink cheeks. 

After leaving Zack at the party on Friday night, I found Aaron on the dance floor with Bridget. I had pulled him away and got him to drive me home. Lexi had crashed at Mason's place, terribly hung over as well as Scott who was found on the roof. Daniel stayed at the party to look after Scott and Lexi and drove them home later on in the day. When Lexi got to mine she confessed that she did not remember most of the night before and that she had lost one of her shoes in her drunken haze.

"I vaguely remember hanging out with Mason so how would I be able to remember a make out session?! I can't believe I drank so much, I've never been that irresponsible." Lexi shook her head.

"It's the start of senior year, just call it a kick start. Besides that's the first time you have been hammered out of your skull, it's not like you're stupid enough to do that frequently." 

I could see Lexi take my words into consideration and relax after some thought. The rest of the class were talking amongst themselves or aimlessly doodling on the backs of their books. Mr Breward was still sleeping over his picture frames and Lexi and I spent the remains of our lesson placing bets on how many cats he would have by the end of the year.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The line in the cafeteria was moving slowly because a group of freshman couldn't decide if they wanted a burger or the Monday special. As usual, the populars were making a scene in the middle of the cafeteria and everyone else was minding their own business.