Chapter 3: Two Shadows in the Spotlight

Sorry for the wait I have been enjoying summer for some time now.

Hope you like the next chapter.

I think it is a little long though.

Chapter 3: Two Shadows in the Spotlight

Disclaimer

The Drunken Tree was one of the most popular bars in Konoha. It was owned by a retired veteran of the Second Shinobi War and only leaf nins ranked chuunin and above were allowed inside. The interior was cozy and dim lighted. There were few windows and all seats were oriented to face the door, making it impossible to sneak inside unnoticed. It was a place where even the most paranoid shinobi felt safe.

Beside the mission room, it was also the best gossip spot in Konoha.

That evening like usual, chuunins and jounins were quietly drinking in small groups exchanging the latest news when Konoha's self-proclaimed king of gossips, Shiranui Genma, busted inside.

"You guys will never believe what happened today!" he exclaimed.

"You finally made out with Kurenai?" asked Kotetsu before receiving a jab from Asuma.

"Tsunade-sama is back in Konoha?" said a hopeful genjutsu mistress.

"The Tsuchikage kicked the bucket at last?" guessed Izumo.

"Aliendel doesn't own Naruto and all rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto?" slurped a very drunk Anko.

"...."

"Anko-san I think you should slow down on the liquor," said Iruka with a concerned look towards the snake mistress.

"None of you are even close," quickly stated a happy Genma, before Anko could utter another nonsensical guess. "Hatake Kakashi was seen today... with an unknown Uchiha and the Yondaime ghost!" At the looks of disbelief from his comrades, he raised his hands in surrender and added, "Hey I know what I saw and I'm not the only one, there were hundreds of witnesses!"

That seemed to convince the crowd who began to press him with questions...

By morning there wouldn't be anyone in the hidden village that wouldn't be aware of Haru and Sasuke presence.

Two Shadows in the Spotlight

Passing shinobi petrified by shock, whispers of disbelief by administrative chuunins and tensed ANBU guards who would have intercepted them if not for his presence; Hatake Kakashi was amused to see the reactions of the people who worked in a place where the extraordinary was the normalcy. But it was to be expected; for all their powerful jutsus and magic like tricks, most shinobi seemed to greatly fear anything that had to do with the supernatural. And as they were not yet aware of the connection between Haru and Minato, for them it was like seeing the Yondaime ghost walking among the livings.

However, the reaction of the people in the tower was nothing compared to the uproar that awaited them once they began walking in the village. Once they saw the blond man, merchants dropped the boxes they were carrying, shinobi lost their footing and fell from the rooftops, passersby stopped dead in their tracts with their jaw hanging and many women fainted from shock. Shouts of 'The Yondaime is back!', 'Our hero has returned!' and 'This is impossible, I must be dreaming!' filled the streets.

As one who had been fooled before, Kakashi could understand their surprise but now that he looked at the blond man with a calm and analytical mind, he could also see the differences between the two Namikaze. While the same color as his older brother, Haru's hair was longer, and brighter. His skin was also tanner than Minato's and his facial features more masculine. On each of his cheeks there were three whiskers like scars exactly the same as Naruto. It seemed his sensei had not been able to find another solution to the Kyuubi after all.