Chapter 8| Dance Lessons

"They're not for Ginny. They're for you." Hermione says as I approach the three at their table. "Dress robes." She adds. "Dress robes? For what?" Ron asks.

~Time Skip~
"The Yule Ball. . . has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament. . . since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests. . .gather in the Great Hall. . .for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school. . .I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And l mean this literally, because. . .the Yule Ball is, first and foremost. . .a dance." McGonagall drags on. " The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect. . .of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. l will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name. . .by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." She says shutting some boys making fun of it.

"Try saying that five times fast, huh?" George said.  "Now, to dance. . . is to let the body breathe. lnside every girl, a secret swan slumbers. . ." She starts. "A swan?" I said to Hermione. "Shh!" Hermione hushes me.  ". . .longing to burst forth and take flight. Something's about to burst out of Eloise Midgen, but l don't think it's a swan." She continued.

"inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance." McGonagall says. "Mr. Weasley." She says to Ron.  "Yes?" He asked. "Will you join me, please?" She asked as the boy hesitantly walked up. "Now, place your right hand on my waist." She says. "Where?" He asked a little shocked. "My waist. And extend your arm." She says.

"Mr. Filch, if you please." She says gesturing to the large gramophone.  "One, two, three.
One, two, three." She says as the dance to the soft music. "One, two, three." She continues. "Never gonna let him forget this,
are you?" Harry asked the two Weasleys. "Never." They say in unison.

"Everybody come together." She says. "Boys, on your feet!"

~Time Skip~
I'm walking with Harry and Ron as they scope out all the girls they could ask to the Yule Ball. "Why do they have to travel in packs? How are you supposed to get one
on their own to ask them?" Harry said as a group off Ravenclaw girls straw at him. "I think they travel in groups because they're waiting for the right person to ask them" I said. "But what do I know" I said. "Blimey, Harry. You've slayed dragons. If you can't get a date, who can?" Ron exclaimed. "I think I'd take the dragon right now." Harry said.

As they walked around a little longer I looked around. I saw everyone pairing up and realizing I'm probably going to be alone at the ball. As I contemplate my life choices Cedric approaches the three of us. "Hey guys, do you mind if I borrow Y/N?" He asks.

"No, please take me from my thoughts" I said quickly following him. "So what'd you need?" I asked as he lead me towards the lake. "I was just wondering who you were going to the ball with?" He asked. "Oh, umm. No one yet, I would be with Draco but umm you know" I said. "And I think the guy I had eyes for is asking someone else, so"

"What about you?" I asked. "Surely you have tons of girls lining up" I laughed. "There is some truth to that" he laughed. "But I was really hoping to ask one certain girl" he said stopping.

"And who would that be?" I asked looking at him. "Well, I was hoping to ask you" he says. My heart drops as he says those words. "Are you being serious, or is this some prank?" I asked looking around. "No, I'm being completely serious" he said. "When I met you I really liked you, but I knew we wouldn't see each other much so I didn't ponder on it"

"But ever since my morning walks have turned into our morning walks, I've really enjoyed having your company" he says. "So I was wondering if you'd like to attend the Yule ball with me?" He asked. I blushed a bit as I looked into his deep brown eyes. "You know what, I would love too" I said smiling brightly. "Great!" He said with his wide smile.

"Well, if you don't mind I'm going to head back to Hermione, she's helping me study" I said. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow morning" he said. "Of course" I said giggling as I walked back to the great hall. It was rather quiet as I reached the long table with my book and parchments. "Hermione!" I whisper yelled.

"What?" She asked. "You'll never guess what just happened" I said. "What?" She asked. "Cedric asked me to the Yule Ball" I squealed lowly. "Really!?" She said excited. "Yes!" I said still smiling.

"That's great Y/N" she said. "Has anyone asked you yet?" I asked nudging her. "Yes" She said. "Well, Who? And did you say yes?" I asked. "Viktor Krum, And Yes I did say yes" she said. "Ooh, nice" I said. "This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." Ron exclaimed. "Well, us and Neville."

"Yeah, but, then again, he can take himself." Ron added. "It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone." Hermione said. "Now l'm really depressed." He said. "Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone." Fred said. "Who you going with, then?" Ron asked.

"Oi, Angelina?" Fred said throwing a small piece of wadded up paper at her. "What?" She asked looking a bit annoyed. "Do you wanna go to the ball with me? To the ball?" Fred asked making loads of gestures. "Yeah, all right." She smiles. "Oi, Hermione, Y/N, You're Girls" Ron said.

"Very well spotted." Hermione says. "Come with us" Ron says. "Come with us, there's two of you and two of us. it's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For girls, it's just sad."

"I won't be going alone, because, believe it or not, someone's asked me! And i said yes!" She exclaimed storming off. "Bloody hell. She's lying, right?" Ron asked. "Umm, no. And I can't either, I already have a date, sorry" I said waking behind Hermione.