Emerald Green

Kara's POV

I soothed my skirt out and pushed my glasses back before knocking on Lena's door for our lunch date.. well not really date.. date  but you know what I mean 

"Come in" yelled a firm but soft voice, as I opened the door, my eyes got interlocked with this beautiful green, emerald pair of eyes. I stood there unable to move or speak, there she was wearing a dark green blouse matching her eyes and high waisted black jeans along with a high ponytail. I stood there awestruck just admiring the beauty when her angelic voice broke me out of my ever so perfect dream.

"Shocked by my beauty, it's ok to take your time" she smirked and furrowed her brows. She crossed her arms around her chest causing my face to turn to a shade of red. "No Kara get out of your mind and stop examing her body," I thought to myself. I finally manage to say out "I brought lunch" raising up the bag of BIG BELLY BURGER, Lena' s favorite.

"Is that big belly burger!" she exclaimed furrowing her brows. I nodded we both turned to couch and settled down.

Lena's POV 

I knew Kara had fallen for me but I just decided to play along and tease her. When we finally got settled on the couch, after Kara non - stoppingly looking at my body figure. I decided to flirt and sat really closeup to Kara I could see her face turning to a shade of pink. Then we started eating, and I noticed Kara look a little off.

"What's wrong Kara, you seem a little off today," I said as I reassuringly placed my hand on her thighs. I saw her blush even more but I enjoyed it." Kara, you do know that you can share anything with me right, I'm always going to be here for you" I saw Kara starting to sob, she laid her head on my chest and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"Mike..." she stuttered

Shit, I thought to myself, when the daxamites invaded I poisoned the air with lead which made her boyfriend leave earth. "Damn it, Lena!! How could you have forgotten" I thought to myself 

"Kara I'm so sorry.." I started to say as I tried to hold back my tears. It hurt me seeing my best friend in pain because of me 

" It's not your fault Lena that was Supergirl's calling.. and maybe Mike and I were never supposed to be together" she started sobbing. 

I started to rub her shoulder to make her feel better

Kara' s POV

When Lena started rubbing my shoulders, it sent shivers down my spine but it was fine, I needed comfort and my best friend was giving it to me, nothing more...

"I'm so sorry" I started to say " I wasted your lunch break"

" No..NO Kara it's fine you are my only friend here in National City, this is the least I could do for you, after everything you've done for me," She said with concern in her eyes as she whipped away my tears. Then she called Eve and told her to cancel all her meetings for today and order pizza.

"What are you doing, "I said " you don't have to take off a day for me."

Lena sighed furrowing her brow

"I'm the CEO I can have a day off whenever I want, and since now that I am your boss I am ordering you to take the day off and watch a movie with me" she smirked

I sighed " Sure boss" and we both started laughing

Lena closed all the curtains and came back to the couch and sat with me.

" So what does my best friend want to watch now" she smiled. "How about a musical?" I suggested. As we were watching the movie I started shivering so Lena grabbed a blanket and placed it over us causing us to move even closer to each other. For two hours or so we both sat there cuddling. 

When suddenly two men brushed through the door with two alien guns. They shot right at me... The last thing I saw was a blurry Lena hovering over me with tears streaming down her eyes as she held my hands. And some familiar sounds saying" Kara are you ok?!?! It's me, Alex, I'm right here..."