Chapter 2

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't help overhearing your conversation," I began. "I am a girl, and I'm a really big fan of Ninja Nick. Anyways, I think that you should buy a book that is based on a topic that the girl is interested in."

The couple seemed to be satisfied with my answer. The boy, on the other hand, was furious. He was about to open his mouth to say something to me when the man said thanks to the two of us and walked away with the lady. I assumed that they weren't buying the book for their daughter, as, if they had a daughter, they would be used to verbal fights. Again, no offence.

The boy shook his fists at me. "What did you just do? I was supposed to be the one helping them! And talking as if you know everything about Ninja Nick! In that case, tell me: how old is Ninja Nick in book four?" He growled at me. Literally.

I just folded my hands in front of me in a confident manner and smiled. "Thirteen years four months sixteen days."

The boy was taken aback. "Surprisingly, your answer is accurate. Maybe you are a fan on Ninja Nick. Maybe you're not. But I honestly don't care. I'm gonna keep an eye on you, Nosey." He said in a dangerous tone.

I laughed mockingly. "Well, good luck! I don't even belong to this city!"

The boy just stared back angrily. "I won't be here for long either," he said and walked away.

Gods, I really wish that he had gone somewhere else. Maybe Antarctica.

Because the next day when I went to school on re-opening day, I saw him in the front row, talking to Peter Woods, the defender in the school's football team.

Why, oh why did he have to shift to my school of all the places? I'm pretty sure that there is some penguin school in Antarctica that will satisfy his needs! Everyday I think that my life couldn't possibly get worse, but no, the next day always brings me surprises.

Nasty, disgusting surprises.