Narwhal Folk Tales

Once Upon a Time:

There was a little narwhal named Narwhalhorn, who had a horn that was very shiny and beautiful.  She was swimming through the ocean when she found an ice house.  When she knocked at the door with her horn, noone answered.  She knocked again, harder, and the door swum open.  She swam in and saw three pieces of squid on a coral table.  She swam over to them and tried to eat the biggest piece there, but it was too hard.  She tried eating the second biggest, but it was too soft.  She tried the smallest one, and it was perfectly texturized.  After she ate the entire piece, she swam into another room that had three narmirrors in it.  She wanted to check her horn to be sure it hadn't been hurt when she had knocked on the door.  She swam to the first narmirror, but it made her look too far away to see anything, so she cracked it with her horn.  She looked in the second one, but it made her look to close to see her horn, so she did the same as she did to the first.  Then, she looked in the third one.  She could see her horn perfectly, but when she tried to look a little closer, she swam too fast and destroyed it.  She put it back together sloppily and decided to sleep because she was tired.  She saw three holes in ice, all different sizes.  When she tried to lay in the first, it was too warm and was melting away.  The second one was too cold and made her horn blue.  When she lay in the third, it was perfect.  It wasn't melting or turning her horn blue, so she fell asleep.  Meanwhile....

The three dolphins were coming home from the walk they were on.  "Momma,"  Baby dolphin said.  "Do you think the squid is done cooling?"  Momma nodded and led her husband and son to their home.  When they entered, they saw that the squid had been nibbled on.  "SOMEONE ATE MY SQUID!"  Poppa dolphin said angrily.  "Someone ate my squid too."  Momma dolphin said, confused.  "Someone ate mine too, and they ate all of it!  :("  They swam into the beauty room and saw that the narmirrors were broken.  "SOMEONE CRACKED MY NARMIRROR!"  Poppa said madly.  "Someone cracked mine too."  Momma said.  When Baby dolphin touched his mirror, it fell into little bits at his tail.  "Someone cracked mine, and it fell apart!  :("  He said.  When they swam into the bedroom, they saw that the ice holes had indents in the bottom.  "SOMEONE SLEPT IN MY HOLE!!!"  Poppa dolphin yelled.  "Someone slept in mine."  Momma said.  "There's someone sleeping in mine!"  Baby dolphin yelled, waking the intruder.  Narwhalhorn saw the dolphins fins and assumed they were sharks, so she swam as fast as she could out of the house.  The dolphins looked at eachother sadly.  Another narwhal had thought they were sharks.