Azalea - Sandalphon

It was a long and painful process, but he finally made it. The new body for Lucifer. He stroke that pale cheek using the back of his hand tenderly, his red eyes shown fondness and nostalgia as the scene from thousands years ago played in his mind. His birth, his first sword lesson and his first taste of coffee.

"Lucifer-sama," he murmured gently. "Just wait for a little bit more and I'll--"

His sentences was cut short at the pain that he felt on his chest. He quickly stepped back and quicky, he drew his hands close to his mouth as blood coughed out. With a pant, he looked at the red liquid on his hand before he swept the remaining blood on his lip with the back of his hand before he clutched his palm.

Stepped closer, Sandalphon close his eyes and put his hand on his chest. He gather all the remaining strength that he had into his core and focused.

He has been inside you this whole time

Lucio had said and if what he said was true, then surely...

His chest glow brightly and the glow slowly make a shape and a white, round object materialised between his hands. He open his eyes and see the object floating above his hands. With a satisfied smile, he stepped closer to the altar where he had put the body and let the new core entered it.

One minute, two minutes. There's no sign of consciousness even he had wait for five minutes after the core had entered the body and Sandalphon felt his lip curled into an ironic smile as his laugh broke.

"Of course it won't work. I knew--"

.
Again, another series of cough, harder this time, cut his sentences and brought him to his knees. His head hung low as he clenched his fist together, hot tears prickled his eyes.

"Sandalphon?"

The soft, gentle voice that called for his name make him snapped up. There, kneeled in front of his was Lucifer.

Trough the blurry vision, the brunette could see the face that he's been longing to see looking at him confusedly. After all, he presented himself all mess. His wings were askew and there's blood almost all over his body. But he doesn't mind, because... His wish has been granted.

.
"Lucifer-sama..." He murmured before he moved closer and embraced him. "I'm happy. I'm really happy I could meet you again."

Although confused,  Lucifer return the embrace and wrapped his hands around the other's body.

"I too am happy to see you again. But-"

"At long last, one of my wish has been granted."

"Sandalphon, what-" the sight before him make the newly reborn angel widened his eyes. Glow after glow come out from Sandalphon's body and his figure started to become translucent. "It can't be..." Realisation come later, but before Lucifer could uttered another word, his lip was shut by a kiss. So gentle yet so desperate at the same time.

"Welcome back, Lucifer-sama." Sandalphon said after he pulled back, his face wear the same smile as he did thousand years ago whenever he greeted the supreme primarch. "And... Goodbye."

Was the last thing he said before he disappears, leave behind a badly cracked core in his place.