Era of Division: Outside the Story

Once upon a time, in a place far far away, there were 3 friends... Cliffe, who was brave and willing to take risks, Tota, who always wanted to keep everyone safe, and Fera, who was just generally curious about everything. They were the best of friends, always exploring new areas of the world they were in. They found lakes, hills, forests... Lots of places! Their world seemed so huge! But one day, this would change for the worse. The three were exploring some small mountains, when they reached an unstable rocky cliff, with...

Nothing below it.

Pure black. Absolutely null below it. Na-da. Very out of place. Fera wanted to see what this nothing was about, so she tried to lean in, but Tota urged her to get off the unstable cliff. Cliffe, however, urged her to get a good wide view! So Fera decided to lean in more, maybe a bit too much. Then the rocky cliff began to crumble a bit! Fera proceeded to lose balance and almost fall into the abyss! Tota scrambled to get her and grabbed onto her hand, going onto the crumbling cliff. Unfortunately, the cliff continued to crumble, and Tota fell down along with Fora. Cliffe, being sad that he may have caused their deaths and may have lost both of his friends, jumped into the abyss with them for, if it was death, so be it!

So now they were all falling.

They all exchanged thoughts on what just happened, and decided to put it aside as this was most likely their last moments alive. But, the pitch blackness of the abyss started turning blue, and some fog started appearing. And they could see their world! With all the lakes and forests and everything. They were in the sky! Falling! Fera starting losing her mind a bit, questioning what just happened. Tota told her to put it aside like what happened with the rocky unstable cliff. Cliffe was astonished at what happened. Then they all splashed into a large pond! And, miraculously, survived hitting the water, with not even a scratch!

These weird events made them all think about their world.

Then, Fera ran off. She couldn't take it. She just had to see the abyss again! Tota and Cliffe ran after her, trying to stop her, because they didn't want to face the abyss again. But it was too late. Fera was already there, and was about to jump in. Tota latched onto her and forcefully dragged her back. Cliffe also latched onto Fera, and they managed to successfully drag her off the mountain! So they calmed Fera down, picked some fruit from some trees, ate it, and went to one of the hills to think and discuss about what happened. And after some thinking, Tota made them all agree to never think about this again, and never visit the cliff again, for it was "cursed!"

The End.

But, that's not really satisfying, is it?

Well sometimes that's just how it goes.

But not this time...

Lots of time later...

Fera and Tota were talking to each other. Cliffe had gone re-exploring past areas, and he was gonna return at noon. So, Fera and Tota decide to play some games such as hide-and-seek, and rock paper scissors. Hours go by. Cliffe has not returned yet. Tota was getting worried, so, they searched the world they knew for him, until... They had to go to the cliff again, as they have explored everywhere else! Fera's memories of the cliff came back, and she almost broke down, but she managed to keep it together with Tota's help. They reached the cliff, to find...

Cliffe, looking down.

They almost pulled him away, when they saw that the abyss was no longer there! Instead, there was a large shallow pit with some water at the bottom. All of them were confused. Fera couldn't believe it, so she jumped into the shallow pit. Indeed, it was a pit, and she splashed into the water. Tota was a bit concerned, and jumped in too with Cliffe. Fera and Cliffe were inspecting the pit, thinking that surely, it couldn't just be a pit. Tota kept an eye on them, to make sure no danger would come to them. They spent a long time investigating, but eventually had to stop when it was too dark.