Prologue

One Month Earlier...

The first note rang out. An eruption of cheers. The screams from the audience echoed around the arena like raindrops hitting a tin roof.
"Hello Detroit!"
Adam Lambert adjusted the buttons on his vest. It was a dark shade of black, white trims and leather, with a metal buckle in the front. Even in the coldness of the night, it was humid and sweaty.
"How's everyone doing tonight?" A warm smile spread across his face. The corners of his mouth curved up into a wider grin as he stared out into the crowd.
The lights flickered in the darkness of the stadium, illuminating the outline of his body.
Gentle eyes watched the audience and within an hour, all of Adams' problems were long forgotten and the sound of music was all that drowned out his thoughts.

"Adam! Wait" A familiar voice followed him backstage. "I wanted to apologize..." Adam spun around to face his companion, a slight groan escaping his throat.
"Tommy... What are you doing here?!"
"I came to say sorry..." He paused for a minute. "What I said... I was wrong, Adam. You are amazing and I'm so, so sorry." A tear fell silently down his cheek, staining his already damp jacket. "You were right... I need someone" Another sob escaped his mouth as he pulled Adam closer. "And that someone is you..."
Adam felt as if he had butterflies in his stomach. The way Tommy stared back with those pleading eyes... Adams' emotions were running wild and he didn't know whether to cry or laugh. So he decided to do both.
Pulling his friend closer against his chest, Adam wrapped him up in a warm hug just like he had wanted to that night back in December.
"It's OK Tommy... I'll drop you home."
Adam watched his eyes light up and then it was like a light switched off inside of him because after that, he diverted his gaze to his feet.
"I was actually hoping I could... you know... Stay with you tonight?"
A chill ran up his spine because at that moment, Tommy lent up and gave Adam a small peck on the cheek.
"Please?" His mouth curled up into a grin. The same way it used to when they were still friends.
Tommy was asking for his forgiveness.... And if there was one thing Adam knew, it was that he could never say no.