Love Virus

Date posted on AFF: 2017.01.13

Summary: 

Jungkook brings confession to a whole new level when his previous attempts failed.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Are you exchanging love letters now?" Taehyung asks, a little bored as he rolls around Jungkook's bed before Jimin joins in.

"No," Jungkook answers simply, thinking of the best next sentence he's going to write.

"Then what are you writing? Don't tell me you're doing your homework now?"

Jungkook sighs exasperatedly. "A love letter, what else. Now stop asking me questions. I need to brainstorm."

This time, Jimin appears next to him, putting a hand on his shoulder and tries to see what he has wrote but he quickly pulls his textbook to cover it. "Dude, come on," he groans at his friend. "Some privacy, please."

"Didn't you write another one the other day?" Jimin asks, hip leaning against the table with his arms crossed.

Jungkook doesn't say a word and chooses to nod instead.

"Why are you writing another love letter? How many are you going to write anyway?"

Pressing his lips into a thin line as he leans back, he glares at Jimin as he says, "Because she didn't get the first one. And also the second one."

Jimin opens his mouth again, probably to shoot him another question but Jungkook quickly stands up and pushes both his friends out of his room. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Both of his friends whine and shout behind the closed door, banging their fists against the barrier a few times before they are silenced by Jungkook's older cousin, Seokjin.

The last line is the one that he doesn't need to think much because that line is the confirmed one, the one that he memorizes by heart, the one that he will never drop or change from his letters.

Will you go out with me?

He smiles at the letter after he finished writing his own name at the bottom right of the letter, with little drawings of guitar and microphone and a small heart. Perfect, he thinks to himself and kisses the letter in satisfaction.

The next morning, Jungkook is early to come to school just to slip his letter into her locker. And like a stalker he is, he watches as Park Chaeyoung, his crush for a year, opens her locker to grab some book while she talks to her friend.

An unfortunate event happens when the letter falls to the floor the moment she pulls out her book from the locker, and neither she nor her friend notices the poor letter while they are busy exchanging stories and laughing.

"No!" Jungkook hisses against the wall he's using to hide himself but at that short moment, he manages to sigh in admiration, the smile on his face can't be helped the moment Chaeyoung laughs at what her friend says. "What a goddess," he says, brows furrowing as he bites his own lip before he regains back his memory of his love letter that lies on the floor, now looking like a trash.

He has the thought of dashing towards the letter before anyone else sees it but he's a second too late when a janitor walks towards it.

Jungkook grits his teeth when his love letter is swept off the floor by the janitor. This is the third time in the week that his love letter has failed to reach her. Eventually, he agrees that love letter is not going to work and so he needs another method that's definitely going to work.