Fair

Date posted on AFF: 2017.04.02

Summary:

When Chaeyoung was told that Jungkook fell sick, she swore that she would do anything just to avoid to be sent to his room because she would have to pray that she wouldn't have to face Jungkook being such a clingy baby. 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Chaeyoung scrubbed the kitchen counter aggressively as she listened to her mother telling her every single kindness the Jeon had given to their small family of two. Ever since her father's death when she was only a year old, Jungkook's parents brought her mother and her to live with them and that her mother's salary was given a raise. Not only that, Chaeyoung was treated as their own child, and she had almost everything the real child of the Jeons had.

"So don't make that face, put the rag away, take that tray to Jungkook and feed him."

She huffed out loud, earning a smack on the back of her shoulder as she threw the rag onto the counter and the wet cloth slid a few centimeters.

"Mom, Jungkook is not a child. We're both 20 years old. Why should I feed him?" she asked with a frustrated tone.

Her mother crossed her arms over her chest and stared at her long. "You do know that Jungkook will not eat anything if you're not around," she stated and Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

"If that's the case then why can't he –"

The tray with a bowl of hot porridge was shoved towards her by her mother and she held it with panic, afraid that it would spill as she gasped softly. Frowning heavily at her mother, she pouted as she walked away, not forgetting to let her grunt be heard by the older woman.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and sighed when she stood in front of his room. Even without the barrier opened, she could see Jungkook lying on the bed with the thick duvet covering his body completely and she could imagine him whining, refusing to eat like a child being forced to eat greens. Chaeyoung knocked on the door and waited for his response.

"Who's that?" Jungkook said from inside. His voice was weak and seemed annoyed by the tone he was using.

"It's me," Chaeyoung said with a sigh, her foot tapping the floor impatiently. "Open this now."

She heard a thud and a curse followed suit and a few moments after, the door opened and she was met with Jungkook in a hairstyle suit to be a bird's nest and just by looking at his face, she could confirm it that he was really sick and that she should expect the worse coming from him.

"You look terrible," she commented flatly.

Jungkook's lips curved into a smile slowly before he furrowed his brows and pouted at her before he looked down. "Chae, the table's leg hit my toes. Please blow them to rid the pain away."

The flat expression she had a few seconds ago morphed into a disgusted one before she rolled her eyes in an exaggerated way, pushing the door wider with her body as she entered the room while ignoring Jungkook who followed her like a lost boy.

"You need to eat," she said after placing the tray on the table.

"No," Jungkook said, shaking his head as he plopped on the bed.

"You have to."

"I don't want to."

"But you have to," she groaned. "Come on, eat. I'll be here until you finish it."

Jungkook shook his head again and let his body collapse on the bed slowly. Chaeyoung grunted while walking towards him, pulling his heavy arm upwards.