chapter 1

It all started a few weeks ago...

The sun had been shining brightly everyday but the nights were cold enough that those with wings had to wrap their wings up so they didn't freeze in the night. But then the day everyone had been dreading came, the day the king and queen of phae announce whether they are at war or not.

The announcement came suddenly in the dead of night... "attention all, this is your king and queen speaking. We are indeed at war now. The enemy has made the first move and captured our precious young princess. Any and all able bodied men and women are to come to the palace in three days time. That is all."

This was the announcement I had been dreading since the day I found out I am a spirit warrior.

—— Memory ——
the day was cloudy, the air still as i sat silently in the meadow outside my home. I pondered on what was to come, would i pass up the chance to meet the king and queen to get tested, so i could join my sister on the battlefield? Hell no!

I looked up at the clouds to see if I could see where the sun was. But nope. No such luck today. I realised when I saw that strange dark haired girl run past on her usual midday run that I was going to be late to meet the royals if I didn't get going soon. It was a days walk to the palace from my home.

I quickly got up and ran home to grab my stuff. I ran straight inside and to my storage space where I kept my gear. Grabbed my rucksack and hurriedly made sure I had everything I needed.

Med kit? Check.
Rations? Check.
Daggers? Check.
Foldable staff? Check.
Sword? Check.
Wolf whistle? Check. This one was always around my neck same with my demon bracelet around my wrist.

I ran straight back out and rushed to lock up before running off down the track towards the town and then on to the palace where spirit warrior tests were being held.

— memory ends —

I found my sister on leave in the town and she gave me a lift on the back of her horse to the palace so I got there early. They tested me the same day!

The test came back inconclusive on most of the normal types of spirit warriors so they decided the next day to test me with the "specials". This came back conclusive. I'm a hybrid spirit warrior.

Fast forward to the present day a few weeks later and I'm at my training grounds learning about my powers and perfecting my weaponry skills. I am now proficient in swords, throwing knives, daggers, longbow, short bow, quarter staff with blade, quarter staff without blade and a normal staff.

My trainer says I'm the fastest learner they've ever met. But I just want to make my family proud. Especially my sister.

—— authors notes ——-

Hi all.
I just wanted to say thank you so much for taking time to read my book. I am dyslexic and autistic so there may be a few spelling errors but please comment and tell me so I can correct them. I've had the idea for this book for about 3 years now and finally gained the confidence to start writing it.

Also if you all want a nickname for me to call you then also comment that please and I will try to remember it :)