He Comforts You - Nathan Sykes

[Ellie] Could you do a one shot where you’re ill and in pain, and you’re really like moody and Nathan is a sweetheart and comforts you and makes you laugh and cuddles you? Can it be cheesy with extra cheese?

=====

You hear a knock on your door, and opens it, letting Nathan in. You stomp your feet towards the sofa, wanting him to notice that you are throwing a slight tantrum, and sit on it with your feet up, cuddling your favourite pillow. Your eyes focused on the television, you groan when he stands in front you, blocking your view.

"Nathan, move please. I'm watching the telly," you complain.

"Nope, I just came in and I didn't even get a kiss, let alone a hug," he fakes a pout, making you roll your eyes.

"I'm not in the mood," you moan, throwing a cushion at him and he catches it, letting out a laugh.

"What's wrong, baby? Are you on your period?" he asks, noticing a cup of hot chocolate on the coffee table in front of him. He knows that you will always have hot chocolate during that time of the month; he remembers that much about you. 

He smiles, getting up to sit next to you, forcing you to lean on him even though you are whining and complaining. Giving in to him, you lie down with your head on his lap, closing your eyes as he runs his fingers through your hair, brushing it.

"Does it hurt?" he asks, rubbing your stomach a little, and you nod. He continues rubbing your tummy and your back for a few minutes.

"Get up, baby, and drink your hot chocolate. You'll feel better in a few minutes, I promise," he speaks softly, trying to soothe you. He gets the cup of hot chocolate for you and watches as you drink it, making sure that you finish it up. 

"That's my good girl," he praises, letting you lie down next to him on the sofa, your back pressing on his front. He kisses your temple briefly, and drapes his arm snugly around you, keeping you feeling warm and safe.

He stays quiet; the only sound you hear is the sound from the television and his shallow breathing. At moments like this, you feel so grateful that you have a wonderful boyfriend like him; someone who understands you and does not complain about your moodiness.

"Feeling better, baby?" you hear his soothing voice, breaking the silence.

"Yes, thank you," you reply, turning around to look at him.

He brushes your messy hair off your face, and gives you his sweet smile.

"Thank you for being here with me, even when I'm really cranky and difficult," you bury your face against his chest, inhaling his scent.

"Shush, no need to thank me, alright? I wanted to spend my time with you today. It's fine, baby, I understand," you feel his arms around you, holding you close to him, followed by the feel of his warm lips against your forehead.

"Babe?" he calls out for you.

You look up at him, "Hmm?"

"Can I have that kiss now?" he grins.

Nodding, you lean closer towards him, and he meets you halfway, letting his lips touch yours, causing your heart to flutter. You feel him smile into the kiss, before leaving more tiny pecks on your lips, and a kiss on the tip of your nose.

"I love you so much," he whispers, and that alone makes all the discomfort and pain seem more bearable.