Northern Downpour

Mr. Mercury

"Roger... I'm just not sure this is the best way to instill discipline." Visibly exasperated, Mr. Taylor sighed.

"I just want them to show me some respect, Fred." Mr. Mercury chuckled dryly.

"Well my dear, making your students resent you clearly isn't how you do it." Mr. Taylor became angry very quickly.

"Well, Fred, how do you want me to do it?" Mr. Mercury gave him a look before speaking once more.

"They're lost, Rog. They need someone they can relate to, someone they can trust. Of course, you don't want to be their best friend. They need some ground. Discipline them only when they truly need it, and don't yell. They tune off when you do that." Roger seemed deep in thought, contemplating what he had been doing for the majority of his career.

"Those kids in that room, Roger," Mr. Mercury made a grand gesture towards the door that separated them from the chaos that was about to ensue, "...are good kids. They shouldn't be in there. If, anything, Foster should be in their places." Roger looked up and stated bitterly,

"That was a rhetorical question, Fred."

It went silent.

Mr. Mercury's mustache twitched slightly and, without saying a word, he stood up from his chair. He turned, opened the door, and stopped dead in his tracks. Just as Roger was about to ask what was wrong...

"My dearest Joseph, may I ask, why on Earth are you unbuttoning your pants?"

Roger was out of his chair faster than you could say Hoop Ditty Ditty.

"Really, Joseph, you're making me look bad. I was just sticking up for you." Freddie seemed so calm about the situation, even Mazzello was too shocked to speak.

Joes face turned a bright red and he quickly zipped up his pants. He cleared his throat as if he were to speak, but as he did Y/N knocked on the door to the cut off section of the room.

"Joe? Are you done?"

"Uhm, yeah!" Joe's voice cracked horribly as his gaze fell from the shell shocked look on Mr. Taylor's face and the utter disdain and nonchalance on Mr. Mercury's.

Y/N opened the door and muttered a sharp 'shit!' when she saw the two teachers. She fully emerged from the room and bit her lip as if to hold in a snicker.

"Mr. Mazzello, would you now like to explain why you were unzipping your pants?" Mr. Mercury continued.

"Well, the...uh...door was locked? And i had to pee...really bad?" Joe was wincing as he said it.

"So you decided to pee in my ball bucket?" Mr. Taylor's astonished look had left his face to be replaced with a look of utter infuriation.

"Actually, Mr. Taylor. That was my idea." Mr. Mercury had to give it to Y/N, not a single look of fear or remorse showed itself in her voice or on her face. It was honestly admirable. Especially with the growing look of murder that Mr. Taylor held in his eyes.

Y/N continued, "At first I suggested just for him to piss on your work, because first of all; it was actually extremely rude of you to lock the door, and second of all; the paper would at least soak it up." She stated the facts as if she was a teacher showing a second grader how to add.

Mr. Mercury stepped forward, "I will have a chat with both of you tomorrow, but for now, both of you, go home."

Joe and Y/N walked out of Mr. Taylor's office as fast as they could before the nuclear-Mr.Taylor-bomb could explode.