Chapter 13

Once backstage, Joe sets Kyra down on her feet.

"Are you okay baby girl?"

Rubbing her head, "yeah I'm good, might be short a few hairs but good either way."

He pulls her into a big hug and places a kiss on her forehead.

"Don't know what I would have done had you gotten hurt."

"Thanks for the concern Joe, it's appreciated." She looks up at him and smiles.

"Please stop looking at me like that!"

"Why?" She asks innocently

"Baby girl, you keep looking at me like that, I might just have to kiss you."

She places her hand on his lips, " not tonight romeo."

They both start laughing as he releases her from the hug.

"Giving you fair warning baby girl, the time is coming."

She blows a kiss to him then turns to walk away and he smacks her on the ass.

"Are we getting fresh Mr Anoai?"

"Maybe."

They walk back to grab their bags laughing and are joined by Becky and Colby. Together the 4 leave the arena and head for their hotel. After saying good night Becky and Kyra turn into their room for the night and Colby and Joe go into theirs.

Colby jumps on his bed, "have you told her yet?"

Joe lays down in his bed, " no not yet, waiting until I know they've been delivered."

"Well I hope for you, things work the way you want."

"I'm sure they will."

" yeah I'm sure you're right big man."

Joe turns out the lights and the men fall asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

Over the next two weeks Joe is on pins and needles anxiously waiting for a response. Good or bad, hes bound and determined to make things work.

Kyra and Joe are sitting in Joe's hotel room playing a round of the latest version of the wwe video game. Kyra jumps to her feet.

"In your face Anoai!" She sticks out her tongue at him.

He sets down the controller with a half smirk on his face, " I can't believe you just beat me with me."

"Guess it's my yard now."

Joe gets to his feet, grabs her around the waist and tosses her onto the bed, almost falling on top of her.

"Whose yard is it?" He says laughing.

"Okay okay you win, it's your yard." Kyra begins laughing just as Joe's phone starts to ring.

"I better get that, it could be the call I've been waiting on." Joe reaches for his phone as Kyra walks to the bathroom.

"Okay, I'm going to use the powder room."

She goes inside as he answers. Before long she hears Joe's raised voice.

"Dont give me that shit Galina. You knew it was coming, hell you asked for it. Like fuck, dont go laying the blame on her. She had nothing to do with this."

Kyra emerges from the bathroom to see Joe pacing, phone held to his ear and one hand in his hair.

"Like fuck you are.. try it Galina, mark my words, you'll be sorry..you should be fucking happy, I gave you everything and ask for nothing in return."