Our First Breakup

Hey there ! I'm Jane Hopper, and this is the story of how I met the love of my life, Mike Wheeler. Sit tight.

It all started in the summer of 83'. Mike had finally became my boyfriend. I was sooo excited. We had a lot going on. He would come to my house everyday, and we'd hang out.

Mostly kiss.. I was so in love. Mike made me feel some type of way. A special way, that I couldn't explain. That no one could explain.

Till one day, he didn't come. I called him to find out where he was. He said he couldn't make it, that his Nana was sick, even though Hopper had just told me it was a "false alarm". He was acting suspicious. Very. I went to the only person who could help, which was Max. It was weird at first, since we didn't really start off at good terms. But I really saw a different side of Max. She helped me, and gave me advice.

Mike was obviously lying, but all that was going through my head was "friends don't lie." But Max had explained that boyfriends do. Max and I went out and had a great time at the mall. We went shopping, got ice cream, and had so much fun trying new things. Max really helped me find me.

Coincidence? We found Mike, Lucas, and Will as soon as we exited the mall. We went up to them of course, and no surprise, Mike was shocked to see me out of the house. I changed the subject back to what was really important. He continued to lie. I asked him why he did, and he had no answer. So taking Max's advice, I "dumped his ass."

Mike was left in shock and I was feeling good. Me and Sadie took the bus back to my place and had a long sleepover. Until the boys called us. We hung up mutiple times but they kept calling saying it was a "code red". We had to go.
We got to Mike's house and found out that the Mindflayer was back. And who was it controlling now? Billy, Max's sister. I had to use my powers to get the Mindflayer out of him. It took a lot of strength, and Finn was always there to comfort me. To hug me. To make me feel okay.

I started realizing how Mike was a great boyfriend, and how he really did love me. Even when I was mad or being rude, or when I just needed him, he was there. He never gave up on me. He never showed any interest in other girls. He was there to get me back. He was the only one I needed and wanted. Until I had to move away. My own father had been taken away from me.. When I had just gotten him. Everything was taken away from me, when I had just gotten it.