The big arrival

"We're here! Were here!" I heard Hilary say. I looked outside and a smile started growing on my face. I opened the cabinet door to get out of the train. "Bloody brilliant!" Don said while looking at the big building in front of him. "Come here!" Hilary said to us while walking towards a large fence. "Here is the gate" she then said.

A very small man was waiting for our arrival. "Names?" He asked us. "Hilary Granger!" She said while waiting for us. "Johnny Potter" He quietly said. "Johnny what?" The little man asked him. "Potter" He said again. "Oh, a Potter this year. That will be interesting" the little man said with a smile. After that It was Don's turn. And then mine. "Name?" He asked me. "Merlin" I said. He looked at his list and said "last name?". I looked over at the rest and saw them waiting for me from a distance. "Malfoy, Merlin Malfoy" I said as quiet as possible. "Well go on!" He said while giving me a worried look. That was weird. Only by hearing my last name he looked concerned. I better not let my new friends find out.

We all sat down at a long table in the great hall. Professor McGonagall already standing up waiting for us to be silent. "Welcome everyone!" She said. "A new generation of Hogwarts students. A new chapter in our life's. I really look forward to work with all of you. Let's toast on our coming great school years at Hogwarts". She looked into the hall and saw everyone holding up their glasses and started taking a sip of her drink. Soon everyone followed and started to eat.

After everyone was done with dinner professor McGonagall stood up. "So, now is the big moment you have been waiting for" She said looking at the students. "Let's start sorting!" She said while grabbing a hat from the table behind her. "First: Selina Goyle" she started. After a while I heard a familiar name. "Johnny Potter" She said with a smile. He sat down with a nervous look. He quickly looked over at us before he put on the hat. "Hmm.. another Potter. I say..... Gryffindor!". We all clapped. After that I waited until I heard a name I heard before. "Don Weasley" professor McGonagall said. "Gryffindor!" The hat said. After Hilary was also placed in Gryffindor I also had to be. I mean, they were my only friends.

Professor McGonagall looked at the list again and said "Merlin Ma-". "Here!" I interrupted her. "Hmm... interesting. Very very interesting" the sorting hat said. "A very hard one. Is very brave. Knows how to get what she wants. Likes books a lot. Very stubborn. I say... Gryffindor!".

I gave a sigh of relief. Everyone clapped. I felt very happy. Professor McGonagall then looked at me and said "good work miss Malfoy". I heard a lot of gasping towards me. "She had to be Slytherin!" I heard some kids whisper. "How is that possible" I heard again.

I walked to my friends and sat down. I buried my face in my arms. Hilary carefully rubbed my back. I looked at her with tears in my eyes and ran to the girls lavatory. I sat down on the floor and started crying even more. "Hello?" A voice said. I recognized the voice. He walked towards me and sat down next to me. "Are u okay Merlin?" Johnny asked me. "Of course not. Everyone hates me. Just because of my family" by saying that tears came into my eyes again. "U can't sit here all night" Johnny said while putting his hand on my shoulder. "We just got the layout of our roommates". "U are apparently my new roommate" he told me with a smile. I wiped my tears away and left the lavatory to search for the layout.