𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙤𝙠 : 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚

Hoseok 호석
best friends in love

you and hoseok have been best friends since kindergarten.

your friendship only got stronger as time passed by.
but so did your feelings.

you've been in love with him for as long as you remembered, never having the courage to tell him.

you didn't want to ruin your friendship, so you just kept quiet.

that day you were at jimin's party, a mutual friend of hoseok and you.

you were talking with your friend, jisoo, as hoseok was chatting with namjoon and jungkook.

"so how's it going with hoseok ?" asked jisoo.

"what do you mean ?"

"well.. in your relationship. how's it going ?"

you chuckled a bit. "jisoo, hoseok isn't my boyfriend, he's my best friend."

"what ?" she exclaimed, clearly confused. "but I thought you two got together, since you seem closer than usual ?" she scratched her head.

"well, we were always close so I didn't notice." you shrugged.

"y/n.. do you perhaps like him ?" she smiled.

you looked at hoseok, noticing he was already looking at you. both of you smiled awkwardly and looked away.

"you've gotta promise me not to tell anyone anything, but.. I do like him."

"oh my gosh this is so cute ! why won't you confess ? I'm pretty sure he likes you too !"

"jisoo, this would ruin our friendship, I'd prefer not." you sighed.

"of course. it's your choice, but you should think about it, because one day, it'll be too late."

meanwhile, hoseok's POV

"so when are you going to confess to her ?" asked namjoon.

"what ?" you furrowed your eyebrows.

"hoseok, you know, it's kind of obvious you like y/n." said jungkook.

"even if I do, she doesn't like me back, so why bother ?"

"how can you know ?" namjoon raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know. I just feel like she doesn't like me back."

"I think she does. the way she acts around you kinda proves it."

you glanced at y/n, but after a few seconds she turned her head to look at you. flustered, you smiled awkwardly and turned to your friends again.

"see ?" smirked jungkook.

"we just had an eye-contact, there's nothing special in it. and I'd rather not risk our friendship. I can't afford to lose her."

"but what of you do, just by staying like that ? do you really want to watch her fall in love with someone else ? think about it, before it's too late, and make sure you don't miss your chance."