Chapter ~4

Once he was put with the other sparklings in the regular dorms when he became old enough it was basically a living hell there. Each morning they were all brought out, counted by dorm secession, then brought to the little yard right next to the orphanage. It had a little play ground but it wasn't ever used much so it was mostly for show. The older ones that were old enough were taken to the road to be picked up by a bus that brought them to the school nearby, which wasn't that big but what would you expect from a school in a small town right outside of Kaon? Though for the younger ones that had to wait a few vorns before they could start going to school had to stay and usually do chores. If not that they were to stay in the yard where they usually just talked. Though not to loudly so they wouldn't get beaten if Mis.Borden were to come out to get any of them for some chore or to help bury a sparkling. Yes, burying one. There it wasn't uncommon for someone to just fall dead or die after a beating or from being in the dark room. So guess who had to dig the graves for them and bury them? The other sparklings living there. They were buried behind the orphanage and with no grave stones or marking to tell anyone else who they were. Starscream being born a little smaller and weaker didn't always do the chores correctly so he got beaten a little more then the others. But that didn't exclude anyone from the beatings, no, sometimes others would get beat with him for no reason Or because of the rare chance of someone trying to defend for him but that was rare. Course they had a 'medbay' of sorts but it was only really used to cover up the evidence of the beatings for the sparklings that were brought to school. Then nearing the end of the day the others would come back from school and they would be fed dinner, which was the only time they ate at the orphanage and they weren't given much. A few more vorns past and Starscream had been in school for a few vorns. Now it wasn't anything pretty and he occasionally bullied but the environment was a lot better then the hell of a orphanage he lived at. He was a bit sad at the end of the day to go 'home'. He wanted to just stay at school or just anywhere else then at that hell. But he couldn't do anything about it and he couldn't run because they'd find out he was gone the next morning because of the morning count and if he got caught it would be put in the dark room. They beat him, put him in there, then when he got taken out he'd be beaten again so that wasn't an option. He'd just have to wait until he was old enough to just leave on his own. He could get through it, he could do it, right?