Chapter 17 : A dangerous plot

Museum of Great Britain, London (Hours later)

Observing the museum from a cafe nearby Christian tapped on his phone while I sat there observing, wearing a pair of shades. "The museum is not going to open until 9 Isa, just enjoy your morning tea and breakfast." Christian advised.

"I'm enjoying already." I replied. Instead of going to Christian's home we proceeded to the museum where we suspected something would happen. Coincidentally there's an exhibition where vibranium artifacts and others are on display. Black Panther reacted when I relayed to him the message, asking for me to safeguard the items on display. "That cane-sword belonged to Winston Churchill." I pointed out.

"Okay, you got me." He suddenly responsed. "Grandfather handed me the position when father rejected to be the head of the Churchill family."

"That makes the both of us the youngest generation to take over the family." I said.

"I thought your fíance had two friends that he insisted to bring to London."

"Truth is, I didn't know when they will be coming. The four of us arrived in London this morning." Jun-myeon and Katrina, on the other hand, wanted to tour the magnificent city and heads out on their own. Sipping the cup of hot tea an armored truck passed by, catching our attention. Standing up we slipped a few coins and banknotes on the table, pressed underneath the coffee cup and left. Christian walked confidently as a gentleman with his cane while I walked with him, holding the cane and not walking with it. The dress I wore for the occasion bore the Union Jack, matched with a black lace jacket and white court shoes. 

"You know..." Christian begin the conversation. "You look better without your hair tied up."

"Oh really?" Asked wryly. "What about the golden addition then?"

"A combination, dear cousin." Replied Christian, in his boyish but gentleman charm. "Don't expect me to hold the reins." 

"And we're not in the Victorian Era." I reaffirmed. "Unless that you're the Queen."

"Real funny." He said as we passed through the glass doors. Passing by the metal detectors the detectors didn't show any signs of warning or sirens blaring. Dismissing the notion we entered the museum interior, to the exhibition. The curator of the museum spotted the both of us and rapidly approached.

"Welcome! Welcome to the exhibtion!" He greeted with a broad smile. "I'm pleased to meet you Mr. Churchill and you too, Miss Mace."

"Thank you for the welcome Sir Jacob." Christian said. "My cousin, Miss Mace over here, had just dropped by for a friendly visit and I recommended her to come to this exhibit."

"What a pleasure!" He exclaimed. "Shall I give you both a tour?"

"No but thank you." He politely turned down the offer. "We'll just have a look around. We still have places to go."

"Ah! I see, have a pleasant day. Enjoy the exhibition." He said. Giving each other a nod we broke up, separating to find clues. Standing in front of a display case I observed an axe recovered from Africa, near the borders of Wakanda but a young man dressed in a sharp tailored suit is observing my movements. I feigned a blink, allowing the contact lenses to scan the artifact but I noticed someone hiding a piece of paper in the pocket of his jacket. "Chris, where are you?" I whispered.

"What is it?" He asked. 

"There's someone of interest in here. I might need to check it out." Walking slowly behind the man he seemed precarious judging from the weight of the pocket of his shirt where he placed the note at. Before I can fake an accident someone pumped into the man, the contents in the to-go coffee cup splashed against the fabric.

"Sorry!" The young woman apologized. "I'll get you some napkins." The man had anger written across his face but he remained silent. Silently striding beside him I pick-pocketed the note from his pocket and joined Christian at the museum's wing of European history.

"What did you find?" He asked me.

"I saw a man observing the art of Queen Victoria and discreetly sliding a piece of paper into the pocket of his jacket." I said. 

"Wait, these hand writings... I know who." I opened my mouth to ask but Christian dragged me out from the museum. Hailing a cab we quickly got in and Christian told the driver to get to his home at Downing Street. "I have to tell my father, an MI6 high ranking officer."

"What?" I asked.

"Just trust me Isabella. I have my reasons." He said.

The Churchill Mansion, Downing Street

Descending from the taxi we promptly entered the compound, passing by the gates guarded by the security guards and pressed the doorbell of the door. "Master Christian, I didn't expect..." A man said after opening the door.

"Where's my father?" He cuts him off. "This is urgent!"

"He's in the study." The man said, promptly stepping aside to allow our entry. Entering the study chamber Christian's father, Ronald, is watching a news broadcast when we entered. "Paris On Fire After Large Mysterious Explosion! Justice League Arrived To Deal With The Problem!" The title said. 

"Ah, lovely to meet you again after all those years Isabella." He said, turning off the television and standing up. "Christian, you look concerned." He pointed out.

"We found this note father." The latter replied, giving him the paper. "I believe that Francis Oxford is plotting against the crown."

"Francis?" I asked, picking up the paper and started to read.

"He was a terrorist hiding out in London." Christian explained. "He was responsible of the bombing of the British Royal Museum last week."

"Why does it connect to the crown?" 

"Because in the museum there is a display of royal relics during the Victorian Era."

"Wait, I've came across this before. I was ordered to investigate but I was assigned to investigate another case."

"The note indicated about an event tonight, in the Buckingham Palace."

"Blimey, I have an invitation to this ball." Uncle Ronald said.

"We'll go in your name then." Christian decided. "Call them here now!"