Vines

CHAP 1

i find myself slamming my locker door at the end of my friday afternoon. i swing my backpack over my shoulder and run out the exit doors accompanied by basically every other student in the building. click click click, i hear as im walking down the over grown path located behind the school. my home is a little longer of a walk than you would think, so i often take the easy road, or trail rather. soon i slow down and wind down to a peaceful stroll, which feels the best after a very testing week.

        chorus songs i learned that day are flooding through my ears, as i drift away into my thoughts. im interupted by the sound of leaves crunching under feet that are not my own. i then gain a pep in my step and ignore any other imaginative happenings. but are they imaginative? crunch crunch!

        "Hello?" i shout, with a quiver in my already cracky voice. Humming doesn't seem to be distracting enough, so i whip out my earbuds, and attempt to lose myself in the music once again. failing this made my stomache turn, as the noises continued. I suddenly feel a vine, maybe six, latch on to my ankle, pulling my down to the pebbled path. My knees are skinned and the vines seem to tighten around my legs and pull me into a cave. Or at least that’s what it looked like- i could only see black. mist blocking my view otherwise.

        looking around, i see nothing but darkness. my hand is against my heart, racing and confused. what just happened? where am i? nothing but clishe crap that won't help me in this situation.  

        "Shhhh!" i hear, making my heart skip a beat. "Who's there?" i ask, inching back towards a cave wall. "Uhmm, well my name is Ari, but we have to be quiet."  "Why?"

        "When i was dragged in here, i heard a voice say, HUSH."  for whatever reason, that kinda freaked me out. knowing that there is someone else with us- watching us, is horrifying. i waned to tell her that my name was Allie, but my heart was too busy in my throat. After brushing myself off, and rising to my feet, i find that my eyes begin to adjust, and Ari's face seems clearer. she is a dark skinned girl around my age of 15, but i can't tell her height. i offer my hand, and we both stand, only to both be terrified  by the mere sound of my phone's alarm. a text reads:

        hey, you wana come over today? i bored as all heck!

        - Alex

        i can't help but laugh when i realize that i remembered to bring my phone today. all this time, i could have called someone, if only i had reception. unfortunately, replying to my best friend's message is out of th question, as i am trapped in a cave, at least 25 ft under ground. how? to hell if i know.

        "who's that? can you text them back?!" the other girl shouts. "shhh! i don't have reception." her demeanor goes from hopeful to dead, and she carries mine with her. just before i feel like sitting back down again, a blinding light strikes us both, and a whole other world is revealed to us.