Chapter five

"Phil?" I opened my eyes and saw Dan staring down at me with loving eyes.

"Yes?"

"The doctor came in earlier to give me results."

"And?" I eagerly leaned forward.

"He said he'll come back later when you're awake." I sighed deeply and rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to go get him."

"Don't leave me!" Dan pouted.

"Fine-" I leaned down and kissed Dan on the forehead, "-you'll call them." I pressed the button on the bed and Dan pouted again.

"That was mean."

"We need to know, darling."

A few seconds later the doctor entered the room with his clipboard and stared at Dan and I.

"Yes?"

"What are the results?" I asked.

"Dan may have longer by we're not sure yet.."

"He has longer!?"

"How long?" Dan asked politely.

"About a month.. but we're not—"

"Dan! You have longer!"

"I can't believe this!" Dan cheered and threw his arms in the air and smiled wide. "Does that mean I'll be alive for the Fourth of July!?" I nodded. Dan smiles again but this time wider than the last time.

"Do you want to watch the fireworks honey?" I asked with a smile that sent Dan shaking his whole body.

"Yes!"

"Alright well the forth is tomorrow so you'll have to wait, can you do that?"

"I wanna do something tonight as well!" I smiled at Dan.

"Do you? Well let's do it! I already have plans for tonight." I winked.

"Really really!?"

"Yes now get ready and let's go!"

•••

We reached the abandoned carnival with fireworks in the trunk of the car.

"Ready?"

"An abandoned carnival?"

"Wait for this." I got out of my car and ran to a wall with switches. Dan got out of the car and stared at what I was doing. Then I did it, I pulled a switch.

The whole park then lit up and rides started up.

But the best thing of them all?

Dan's face.

"Phiiiiiillllll!!!!!" Dan ran over to me and tackled me in a hug. He smelled of roses.

"You like?"

"Like!? I love!" Dan jumped around and looked at all the rides. He was completely mesmerized.

"Want to go on rides?"

"Yes!" I lead Dan to a carousel.

Once Dan and I went on mostly every ride we stopped and stared at the one we needed to go on.

The Ferris wheel.

"Scared?"

"No! Let's go!"

We waited for one to come and we both jumped on it and climbed in.

We were laughing and carrying on as we did a couple rounds. Then the seat stopped at the very top and Dan and I were looking at everything. This Ferris wheel had the view of the freeway so we watched the cars drive by. Dan specifically enjoyed watching them. He leaned forward and his mouth was partially open.

"You look beautiful." Dan looked at me blushing.

"Thank you.." he stared at my lips so I knew he wanted to kiss me. What's the best place to kiss your husband? The top of a Ferris wheel.

I leaned in, gently grabbed his face with my hand, and kissed him. I then pulled away a couple seconds later and Dan suddenly started freaking out.

He pointed past me and I looked at where he was pointing. A huge amount of fireworks were being set off.

"Shit! It's the end! We need to get off and set off the fireworks!" Right as I said this the Ferris wheel started going down slowly. "Ready, set, jump!" Dan and I jumped off and ran to the car.

(I'm this universe of my writing the fireworks happen the day of and the day before, just in case you're confused)

I got out the fireworks I bought and grabbed the lighter out of my pocket.

"Let's do this!" Dan yelled.

I set a firework down and set them off.

Dan and I backed up and watched the fireworks go off.

But I couldn't even focus on the fireworks.

Because Dan's face was so much more beautiful.