Is This A Date?

I don't go up to him immediately, I just watch him. He's sitting on the steps, talking into his camera. He's ignoring all the looks from random people walking by, and it's like it's just him. I start walking, and as I get closer, he puts his camera down and looks around. When he sees me he stands up, a massive smile on his face. He holds out his arms and I run into them. He smells so nice, like aftershave and body spray. I enjoy the feel of his arms around me. After a while we pull apart, and he's still holding my hands.

Mikey: I really can't believe you're standing in front of me

I laugh, slowly taking in every bit of his face, his blue eyes and brown hair.

India: I know!!

We start walking, holding hands. Me and Mikey met online, a few months ago, when he joined a dating app for a video. He told me what it was about after, but we kept on talking. We became close, and although I'm starting to like him as more than a friend, I don't want to ruin this by saying anything.

We stop outside a bakery. Mikey tells me to wait outside. I watch the people walking past, enjoying being in such a busy city.

When he comes out, he's holding a cookie. It's filled with melted chocolate, and is baked with dried raspberries, my favourite, just like I told him when we first met. I look up at him.

India: Mikey, you remembered!

Mikey: Of course I did. 

I smile at him, gratefully. I break it in half, and give one of them to him. We both take a bite, savouring every mouthful. We decide to go for a walk along London Bridge. And we walk, holding hands, sometimes talking and sometimes not, but it doesn't feel awkward, it feels... happy and carefree and fun

A few minutes later, I look up at the sky, which is slowly turning dark grey colour. I silently laugh, and turn to Mikey.

India: Uh... Mikey?

Mikey: Yeah babe?

India: I think its about to rain.

He looks up at the sky, just as it opens, and immediately we are both soaked. He starts running, pulling me along after him. He takes me back to his flat. He gives me a hoodie and shorts, and shows me into his bathroom. I look in the mirror. My hair is soaked, and I pull it up into a messy bun, before lightly reapplying some of my makeup. when I come back out, Mikey smiles at me and holds out his hand. I take it, and he leads me into his living room. He's laid out a blanket on the floor, and put fairy lights around the room. He's put a movie onto the tv, and there's a bowl of popcorn. I thank him and he smiles, and we both sit down and start watching.  After a few minutes, he pauses the movie and  turns to face me. He looks slightly nervous, but I don't question it much.

Mikey: Can... can I talk to you?

India: Of cource 

Mikey: So, I had an amazing day India, and meeting you on that app was honestly one of the best things, and I'm so grateful I did...

He takes a deep breathe, stopping for a second. I put my hand on his and squeeze it gently, urging him to carry on.

Mikey: I... I don't want to ruin this, at all, but, in a way, I don't feel like I can hide this any longer, and I get it if you don't feel the same and that fine and I'll get over it but-

India: Mikey-

Mikey: Sorry. I... I like you India, kind of a lot, I have for a while, but I was too scared to say anything. I'm sorry and I really hope I haven't ruined anything.

He turns away but I gently put my hand under his chin and turn his head towards mine. 

India: Mikey, I like you too

He smiles, his whole face lighting up.  

Mikey: You do?

India: Yeah!  

We smile at each other, and he leans forward and kisses me, and his lips are soft, and warm. After a few seconds, I pull away, smiling.

India: So is this a date?

Mikey laughs and kisses me again.

Mikey: Yeah... I guess it was.