(6) 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘨𝘶𝘯

We waited at that car park for a good half an hour after we should have been meeting. What is it with things being late this week? I thought, glancing at Emma, who was applying some lipstick.

"Mate, you don't wear lipstick, what are you doing?" I asked, leaning against the wall.

She looked at me for a second, clearly trying to construct some type of an excuse. We both knew exactly why she was doing that. Roger.

"Well, maybe I want to switch things up a bit, you know." She answered in defence, her face almost dropping in anxiety, staring at something ahead of her. I followed her gaze. The boys were here.

The three of them walking next to each other, like a group of backstreet boys or something. Freddie wore a red velvet jacket and black bellbottoms, obviously topped off with his platforms. He was such a fashionista. Roger wore blue bellbottoms, a striped button up shirt, and his hat. That weird hat. It did look good on him, I must say. The buttons weren't fully fastened, so he made sure to leave a bit of chest showing. Emma clearly couldn't take her eyes off of him as they all approached us.

Brian, on the other hand... His outfit was less flashy and gentler. Like him, I suppose. Everything was black apart from his shirt, which was also unbuttoned down to his lower chest. I'm not saying he didn't suit the more generic look, he looked obviously handsome like he had the last three times I'd met him.

Anyway, Emma was smitten with Roger the closer he got to us. She had to snap out of it, so I cleared my throat and nudged her subtly in the side, to which she shook her head and stood up straight.

"Maria, darling, so good to see you again." Freddie grinned, and pulled me in for a hug, which I accepted without argument. Brian shot a smile at me as I looked over Freddie's shoulder. I smiled back, quickly dragging my gaze away from him. It was so easy to get lost staring at him.

"Who's this, then?" Roger asked me, but fixated his eyes on Emma, who was still leaning against the wall.

"This is my friend, Emma. She's my roommate. And..." I trailed off, mortified at the way she was looking at Roger, and the way Roger was looking at her. I swear they just eye-fucked each other. "Brian said she can come with me. She wanted to meet you all." I finished, slightly uncomfortable.

"Don't be so shocked, darling, you should see the girls who hang around at our concerts." Freddie shook his head, whacking Roger on the arm. "You driving, blondie?"

"I am indeed." Roger answered, but I feel like it was more of an innuendo to him, as his eyes were still on Emma. I guess she didn't have to worry about a first impression at this rate.

"It's going to be a bit of a squeeze, I'm afraid." Brian let me and Emma know as we got to Roger's car.

"Emma and myself in the front, yeah?" Roger grinned, opening the passenger side and letting Emma slide in, himself hopping in the driver's seat.

"Didn't really have much of a choice." I mumbled to Brian, who hummed in agreement, opening the back door for me to get in. Freddie had already got in at the other side. Great. Queen sandwich.

I squeezed into the back seat, being basically suffocated by the builds of Freddie and Brian on either side of me. I wasn't necessarily slim, but it surely wasn't uncomfortable. I did, however, feel a slight discomfort as I watched Emma in the passenger seat, eyes all over Roger.

I could not deny Roger was gorgeous. But he was nothing more than a pretty boy to me – same old, same old. To Emma, however, he was a God. I had witnessed Emma develop infatuations for boys before, but each time ended in disappointment. I never forget the time one of Emma's friends dated her ex – only a couple of weeks after the breakup, in fact. I forever despised anyone who hurt my best friend. And I couldn't help but feel unsettled when picturing Roger being involved with Emma.