Bonnie's Love (Chapter 1)

Bonnie POV

I look over at Freddy as I grope my guitar strings. We're singing happy birthday for like, the one hundredth time. I would have been annoyed but Freddy's voice is so satisfying. Even when he's singing the same words over and over. He looks in my direction and I instantly turn red like I've touched a burner on the stove. I want to gaze in his eyes for multiple television seasons but that'd be a bit creepy. I look down at my guitar as Freddy faces the group of kids. I think the girl's name is Milly. Her 8th birthday or something. It's already dark out and I'm exhausted.

"Happy birthday to you!" Freddy finishes simply. I sigh in relief and walk off stage. "Hey Bon, where are you going?" Freddy asks. I can tell he's talking more to the audience. I don't respond. I'm not in the mood to pretend to be all happy. Even if it's my job. I head backstage.

"Well, Bonnie's just a bit tired from rocking out all night!" Freddy assures the audience 6-12. "Between you and me, I think he's just had a bit too much cake!" Freddy jokes.

How can he just make fun of me like that? I already feel like I just poured my cereal in before opening the fridge and realizing there's no milk. I know I usually keep to myself but could he seriously not know that this would annoy me? Ugh.

 I hear footsteps coming backstage. Oh great.

"Bonnie, what is going on?" The chatty backup singer asks, concerned. At least she knows me well enough.

"Nothing." I say. Knowing me so well is a double edged sword, because she can always tell when I'm lying. Her highlighter bangs fall into her worried, grape colored eyes. 

"You sure?" She presses. As bright as she acts, she's a lot more understanding than she seems. I know she'll drop it the topic soon enough. 

 I nod. 

She's my best friend. We can be trapped under neon lights for 14 hours a day, sing stupid songs, and still want to hang out afterwards. That says a lot. I mean, it's not like there's anyone else to hang out with here. At least I like her.

"Where is Freddy?" I ask coolly.

"He probably is talking to some kids or something." She says, chewing bubblegum flavored gum. "Ooh, what if there was bubblegum flavored cupcakes? That'd be so yummy!"

Good ol' Chica. Off topic as usual. "Yeah, ok." I set my guitar down and head anywhere else that isn't here. Maybe I'll go to the arcade. "I'll see you later, Chicken."

"Later, bunny!" I hear her call. I've already left the room.

On the way to the Arcade I bump into the person that I literally don't want to.

"Hey, Bonnie." The brown haired bane of my existence and love of my life calls.