CHAPTER 37

Hey guys! 

Here is the chapter 37, enjoy!

JOE'S POV

I was awakened by the sun filtering through the half-closed shutters. I opened my eyes and fell on the angel face of Demi lying beside me. I had not dreamed, we made love last night. I still have so much trouble believing that this dream that I made every night has finally come true. It was just magical, never in my life had I felt so much fun, yet I was told that doing it with the person we love more than anything gave a different flavour to this act. I never really believed it, but now I finally understand what they meant. She's so beautiful and so innocent... yes innocent. Having felt another taste of her lips yesterday made me completely mad. But I tell myself that I shouldn't have cracked, I shouldn't have let my desire take over my reason. Her heart does not belong to me, I shouldn't have stolen her innocence, she should have offered it to the one she loves. I feel so guilty. I watched her for a few more seconds and finally resolved to get up with as little noise as possible. I went to my room to shower and get dressed and left the apartment in the same silence and guilt in my heart.

It's been hours, I'm blocked on the same file without being able to go further, my head is incapable of thinking. Feeling anger rising in me, I took the folder that was before my eyes and threw it at the other end of my office. I saw it land at the feet of Nick who had just entered.

"what do you want?"

"Dad told me to let you know that the meeting is postponed until tomorrow and he needs the Smith file."

"great" I sighed

I tried to open the drawer in which was the folder but it was blocked and I don't know why, this caused a rage in me. I slammed the drawer a few times, which I must confess has released me.

"shit day" I snapped the drawer one last time before I got up "well, you'll tell him, he'll have it later"

"Joseph..."

"give up and go away!"

I turned around and went to stand in front of my bay window. I heard the door close and I thought he was gone but I realized that it wasn't the case when I heard him approaching me.

"are you okay?" he put his hand on my shoulder

"what can it do to you?" I freed myself from his grip

"I'm sorry"

"what" I looked at him surprised

"I'm sorry Joseph, I'm sorry for what I did, I regret it sincerely. I should have supported you and I blame myself so much. I was scared, afraid to face you, afraid that you would take me responsible for what happened, because basically, we both know that it's my fault if Stephan died" he said with tears in his eyes " If I had come to get you, none of this would have happened and he might still be here today. But I tried to come back to you but unfortunately too late and then everything went so fast. All these arguments, this hate but .... I really regret and I wanted you to know" he lowered his head "and I understand you don't want to forgive me but I think it was time for me to apologize... even if it's too late"

I couldn't believe what he had just said, my little brother who apologizes after all these years. Without really controlling my actions, I pressed him against me and we stayed like this a few seconds.

"it's never too late" I smiled "I forgive you"

"you're sure?" he told me tears in his eyes

"sure, and certain, little brother" I put my hand on his shoulder