FOUR - NATASHA RUSSO

BRAILLE stepped on the stairs two at a time. The only elevator in the apartment building is currently occupied when she entered the building a while ago. When she finally reach the fourth floor, she speed her way towards the third door in her left.

She did not bother to knock. She pushed the door without care.

Three pairs of eyes look at her but her attention is at the woman sitting in one of the two chairs in the dining table.

She directly went to her. The two other medium sized guys were eyeing her. One hinder her way but when she glared at him, he instantly move away.

She kneel down. She put her hand under the petite woman's chin.

"Look at me." She said sternly when her hand was about to be swatted away.

Half a minute later and a deep sigh, Natasha look up but did not look at her.

Braille bit her lower lip to prevent herself from swearing. There were finger marks in her left cheek and the left side of the lip is bleeding.

She get the cold compress from Natasha's hand. She put it in her cheek to minimized the possible swelling.

"Where were your bodyguards when this happen?" She asked as put her hair in one side.

She heard the two of the men heave a fake cough when Natasha did not utter a word.

She put the cold compress in Natasha's hand and stood straight. She put one guy in a choke hold when she faced him. The shock was evident in his eyes. When the other guy tried to hold her, she give him a quick punch that sent him to the floor.

"Where were you when this happened?" She asked the one in her hand.

"We w-were outside t-the building." He answered. His face is turning red due to suppress air entering his lungs."

"Braille, please let him go."

"Stay where you are, Natasha." She warned when she saw her about to stand from where she is.

"The only job that you were suppose to do is to guard Natasha. Both of you were not doing your job."

The man is blinking his eyes trying to stay conscious. While she is not even bothered with his hand trying to remove her choke hold in his neck. The animal in her wanted to tear him into pieces knowing that her mate's life was put to danger due to their neglect.

"Please let him go."

She take a deep sigh. She did not notice that Natasha is already beside her. If she did not squeeze her arm, she might not know that her mate is already at her side.

"Please, Braille."

The guy sprawl to the floor when she let go. She blink her eyes before turning to Natasha. The petite woman look up and forced a smile at her.

Braille embrace her mate. She carry her until they reach the kitchen counter. She sit her there and stared at the bruise in her face.

She put her hair at the back of her ears. There is already a slight swelling in her cheek.

"What happened?"

"Jack knocked at the door to my apartment. When I didn't allow him to come in, he forced his way in."

"Who is he?" She asked as she caress the unaffected cheek with her thumb.

"He's my ex-boyfriend. He was part of my brother's business." She nodded. "He wanted us back together. He wanted to talk but I told him that it was over. He became violent."