Chapter 14

Christmas was in 2 days and I wasn't really feeling it.

I called my sisters and told them the shit Judy pulled. Cardi was ready to dog that hoe, Amiyah pulled up and tried to drag her out the house, and Nicki slashed her fucking tires and cut her breaks.

I love my sisters on my life.

We was getting the rest of the kids stuff for Christmas. "August you done got them everything what else can you get for them?" Cardi asked.

"Shit ion know. I just gotta make up for these last few years."

"Gifts not gone make up for the shit August." Amiyah said. "I know but it'll start you know." "I guess brother." Amiyah said.

Nicki POV
It's kinda sad how August is now.

When I first met him he was full of life now it just look like he struggling to get by everyday.

"Let's go home." I told him.

He looked so drained.

He grabbed the rest of they stuff and paid for it.

August is hurting bad as hell right now and all we can do is let him grieve.

We grabbed everything and headed back to the house.
_______________
We was at his house and I was helping the girls wrap the kids' gifts.

"So y'all think he still going to therapy?"

"I mean he can't be look at how he been lately." I told Cardi. "I mean therapy doesn't work for everyone." Amiyah said.

"Well yeah."

"I hope she wakes up soon though. It ain't been the same since she's been gone." Cardi said.
__________
Amiyah POV
My mind left the conversation.

I was busy thinking about her.

She came to me in a dream a few days ago telling me not to cry for her.

She promised she'll be back but was happy where she was in life and who she was with.

Hearing her voice was relieving.

She made me believe maybe God was listening. I've never really been a religious person but she made me believe more than ever.

I was taken away from my thoughts by the girls.

"Huh?"

"You okay?" "Um yeah just finna get me some water."

"Okay."

I got up. When I walked to the kitchen August was cooking for the babies.

"August?"

"Wassup?" "Can we talk?"

"Yeah." He stopped what he was doing and faced me.

I sighed.

"When we was in prison Amare told me how she always believed she was in the wrong family because she doesn't resemble anyone."

"Why didn't she say some?"

"Scared maybe I don't know but I think I know who her real mother is."