~Chapter 8~

~Chapter 8~

~Fuyumi's POV~

The female Todoroki tidied up her room, making her bed neatly and placing the pillows back in order. She folded her dirtied clothes and placed them into the basket to be washed and righted her bookshelf.
After that, Fuyumi moved on to Shoto's room and began to make his bed. To her confoundment, she discovered a small slip of paper crumpled up on his nightstand. She gazed at it curiously, wondering if she should respect his privacy and leave it alone, or peek at it to satisfy her inquisiting. She decided to meddle into her brother's own affairs and unfolded the note, reading it over to herself. 'Who is he meeting?' She pondered. 'Why" would he want to meet up with someone anyways? I bet that's why he took the guards' shift. Is it a girl..? Is that why he didn't like any of the maidens?' She tried to ignore the new information, it being none of her business, but she couldn't get her mind off of it.
~Shoto's POV~
Shoto felt himself slowly waking back up, wondering how he even fell asleep in the first place. He sighed and shoved his hair back with his hand, wiping his forehead of the outside heat. He opened his eyes only to recognize Izuki Midoriya inches away from his own face. The bicolored prince nearly soiled himself and jumped against the back of the tree, hitting his head.
"Sorry!" Midoriya sounded alarmed. "I-I was going to wake you up soon. I was just- uh- looking at your scar n' stuff.." he reddened with embarrassment.
Shoto sighed with relief, ridden from his earlier panic. "...okay..." he said, choosing not to question it. "Sorry for falling asleep. I arrived earlier than I expected."
"That's alright. I just got here actually and went to get a sip from the stream before I found you here! Anyways, I decided to bring toasted bread and butter if that's okay with you... I also packed some sliced strawberries and grapes!" He beamed. "Whatever I could find around the house, basically." He jumped up and opened the basket, pulling out an elegant-colored quilt before spreading it down on the ground. "It's not that big of a quilt, but it'll do." Deku began digging through the basket. "I brought some small plates and cups, as well as spreading knives. I didn't know what kind of tea you liked so I bought a bunch of different types..." he mentioned sheepishly.
"Any tea will be fine." Shoto shrugged. Deku looked relieved and took out the plates and cups, arranging them on the blanket. Shoto was bewildered by how much Izuku could fit into that small basket. "I'll make some of the black tea, but it'll have to be served cold unless you know how to start a fire, heh." Izuku picked up the cups and scooted over to the stream, preparing the beverages. Todoroki stared at all of Midoriya's work. 'Why would he make this much for someone he barely knew?' He wondered. 'Is it because I'm the Prince..?' Shoto dreaded over being treated like royalty. Why can't he just be treated normal for once. "You didn't have to do all of this for me.." Shoto murmered.
"Huh, what?" Izuku turned from his work.
"I'm a normal person too, you know. Don't treat me like a god or whatever..."
"What..? I guess I never thought of it like that, but I was really just unsure what tea you liked. I'd do this for anybody." Deku shrugged.