𝙟𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣 : 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖 𝙗𝙚𝙩

Jongin 종인 (Kai 카이)
just a bet

you and jongin have been in a relationship for four months now.

you both worked in different companies so it was a bit hard for you to meet frequently.

you still managed to keep a healthy relationship.

you loved him. you were happy with him. so nothing else mattered.

yet, something was weird.

that sad look he had when he stared at you while you spent time together. that look he thought you never noticed but you did.

you just ignored it. you preferred to think it was nothing. you trusted him.

you just got back home and noticed that jongin left his favourite hoodie at your place last night.

so since you weren't too tired, you decided to bring it to him.

he'd always tell you that you can keep his hoodies, but you wanted to see him so you used it as an excuse.

you entered the house with your spare key, walking in the living room.

then you saw your boyfriend and his friends Wonsik and Sungwoon sitting on the couch and watching TV, their back facing you.

you were about to make them know about your presence until you heard your name in their conversation.

"how's it going with y/n ?" asked Wonsik.

"everything's fine."

"don't you think it's about time you break up with her ? the bet ended a month ago already."

you furrowed your eyebrows. the bet ?

"I don't know man, I really like her. that bet was a bad idea."

"come on, be honest, if it wasn't for the bet, you probably wouldn't have talked to y/n." laughed Sungwoon.

"what ?"

the three boys froze. they turned to face you really slowly, their eyes getting wider when they saw you standing there.

and then you understood.

you understood why jongin seemed so sad when he quietly stared at you sometimes. it wasn't sadness, it was shame.

you understood why the boys smirked whenever they saw both of you being together. they knew his intentions weren't pure. they knew he was using you.

and you realized how blind you were.

you threw the hoodie in your hand at jongin who was now in front of you trying to get your attention, trying to explain his purposes.

but it was as if you couldn't hear him. his voice seemed to be so far.

"we're over. congratulations for winning the bet." you whispered before getting out.

and he, of course, chased after you, blocking your way.

"listen to me, please, I'm sorry, please just give me another chance, I'll prove you that I really do love you !"

"no you don't. you don't love me, you never did. the only thing that you cared about was your stupid bet." you scoffed before pushing him and walking away.

"that's not true !" he exclaimed.

you stopped and turned a bit to watch him.

"is it not ?" you mumbled, with a shaky voice. you took a deep breathe and sighed before speaking again. "don't contact me ever again."

as he watched you walking away, he hoped you'd turn around, he hoped you'd come back running to him, telling him that you love him, and that you forgive him.

but you never did.