one

A jar of scents and a box of little yellow beads sat at her table as she wiped on an assortment of powders and glosses on her face. When she had finished at the table, she pranced over to her bed, where a pale blue ribbon silk top and white crop shorts rested. She gently peeled her clothes from the nights sleep away, adding on the prepped outfit.
      As she slipped on a pair of white converse and a bracelet made of black and sea blue beads, she rushed down the stairs, where her mother was conjuring breakfast.
"Good morning Georgia." Her mother smiled at her, eyes sparkling like sunshine, before returning back to the burning breakfast.
Around Georgia, sounds of her brothers bickering and her older sister, Vanna, sweetly speaking into her phone, made her mornings miserable but all so familar. Everything has gone back to normal. No more gray mornings, everyone dead as a sewer rat. It's been about a year since Georgia's father went missing mysteriously.
"You ready?" A dark and husky voice called towards Georgia.
"Yup, all set." She looked back seeing that it was her twin brother, Taylor.
       They both hurried towards the front door, waving and yelling goodbye. They grabbed their packs and motioned towards the door. Taylor extended his hand, but it didn't touch the knob instead a wrinkled hand, like a prune. Crooked fingers grasped his hand. Tooken aback, Taylor jumps back startled.
"I didn't mean to startle you." A voice softly said. They both looked down, confusion and horror marked their faces. "The door was open so I thought I would introduce myself."
Both Taylor and Georgia had never seen this face, one eye was clouded over, while the other was squinted. His white hair, like the winter snow, gently brushed over his forehead. Wrinkles and lines ran all across his face. In the space between his eyes, laid a small blood red cresent. He was covered in garments the color burgundy.
"No, I'm sorry." Georgia started as Taylor fixed his varsity jacket.
"I don't think we've seen you here?" Taylor said his face still confused.
"No, I don't suppose. I've just moved here." His mouth contorted into a lopsided grin.
"Welcome!" Their mother came calling joyously through the corridor. "We are so happy to see a new face." She pulled in the short man into a hug.
"Well I just wanted to say hi, get myself well known here." He nodded and waved as he walked back towards his small, mint green, home.
     His fingers pushed away the blind from the window, making an opening for sight. He closed his searching gaze on the twins, hopping inside a bright green mustang and driving off. Getting smaller and smaller the farther they went. When he finally couldn't sense their presence on Joybed Avenue, he shut the small opening he'd created viciously, making his way toward a small wooden desk, lifting a red book binded with thick tan rope and chains.